• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Ford Contour Hood Lift Gas Spring Strut Shock SVT SE Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, they found my package.....1500 miles away.....in California. :mad: Apparently the dumbasses that work for FedEx can't even load a truck properly. I'm gonna call in the morning and ***** at them, because this is some BS. I've always had problems with FedEx, and nary a one with UPS. FedEx FTL.
Nathan

Mine arrived. They were dropped in the carport & I didn't see the box till I was takin' out the trash... They've learned not to knock. My dog makes an awful racket... :)

WOW, I got mine Wednesday and after a quick trip to the junkyard to repalce a couple of fender bolts that I lost from when I installed my old struts, the Redline kit is in! Installation was a breeze, although it was the first holes I had ever drilled in my car in the almost 7 years of ownership. It was tough, but I managed.

Thanks for setting this up for us and thanks to Redline for shipping so quick with a good product!

Are you saying that since installing the struts your hood does not fully close flush when latched? Wierd. Mine works just fine. Maybe try adjusting the "stops" so the hood lowers more. Just a thought.

Mine will show up today :laugh: I've got a lot to do at once on my car. Install MAF Adapter & K&N, Upgraded anti-sway bars, and the quicklift.

yeah these things rock! notice my hood is up alittle more when latched but whatever.

You have to tap down the lip on the fender for it to close totally flush.

Well I take back my previous statement. My hood is raised a bit also. I was washing my car and I just noticed that the sides of the hood (where the struts are installed) is raised a bit. Enough that I can see through the crack and read the "red-line racing" sticker.

So what needs to be tapped down? The lip on the fender where the strut mounts to? Did you just put a rag or something there and rap in with a hammer a few times? Any other way of fixing? How did the idea of removing the washer work?

Yeah...they take some force to push down by hand. But it says to do it to lubricate em...so I would recommend eating some wheaties and tryin again. Haha, just kiddin man. But yeah, you just have to put some power into them. And my hood is raised a little bit from them as well. I have tried the 2x4 idea and the lip hasn't moved. Maybe I wasn't hitting it in the right spot or the metal is really resilient and it needs a lot of power to move. Guess I should eat MY wheaties!

Hehe, I didn't try that hard, I had gotten home at midnight and was playing around. I'm do that a bit tonight, I like the quality of the contrstruction and the stickers on them. I will take pix of my install and post em... I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to doing it, I've gota install sway links, maf adapter and K&N, the quicklifts, and work with my dome light switches.

Well I take back my previous statement. My hood is raised a bit also. I was washing my car and I just noticed that the sides of the hood (where the struts are installed) is raised a bit. Enough that I can see through the crack and read the "red-line racing" sticker.

So what needs to be tapped down? The lip on the fender where the strut mounts to? Did you just put a rag or something there and rap in with a hammer a few times? Any other way of fixing? How did the idea of removing the washer work?

bump

10jksfhdj

I just noticed that the sides of the hood (where the struts are installed) is raised a bit. Enough that I can see through the crack and read the "red-line racing" sticker.

Anyone....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back