• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

foor mat source.

Owner has changed, but my contact still works with the company. Right now they are out of both the blue and tan materials. I'm waiting on a response, but priliminary thoughts are we would need 150 orders worth to support buying 'speciality' colored material... that would be for.each color too. However that's not the final word and I'm still working on a deal with them to offer the mats for sale through my company after the fact as well. Although don't hold your breath.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Whys it have to be specialty colored material? I'm sure they have some regularly used tan that would come close. I'm in for front tan set if around under $100. Our dashes don't match the rest of the car so why not have slightly different color floor mats. Lol.

MNB matches throughout. You guys with the tan got screwed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

i have inquired with a few companies and prodded for information:

one company says that the "logo" needs to be licensed for reproduction as well as the color from SVT. the SVT is not available from this particular company and i suspect most others as well. The problem i have with this is that the floor mats aren't really the SVT logo at all, its just generic embroidery. The FORD blue and white logo is licensed as well as the FORD RACING logo and the color available is g blue. basically, not good enough for me. oh, also, the price is like 145 bucks for the fronts.. again. forget that.

for now i think i am ordering the new old stock mats with "contour" embroidered. they are the right color and for 50 bucks, yeah thats the right price for me even if i end up using just the drivers.

how were these hurdles approached previously? the company used was licensing them etc or just didn't care? i find it hard to believe ford would care since they dont make them anymore anyway and theres no conflict really, just a bunch of enthusiasts trying to freshen and liven up their old cars. unless theyre actively attempting to kill this car off which i do feel like sometimes when i talk to ford dealers.

Well, you just learned exactly what I did back in 2011 with the Lloyd's mats I bought and mentioned several posts up.

I pulled up the receipt, they were $115 +$15 shipping, so $130, not $150 as I'd though, but in the ball park.

I got mine through Auto Carpet Professionals in Rockingham NC, (540) 435-1380, the salesman was John Ferris, maybe they're still there.

I don't believe Lloyds deals directly with the public, think you have to go through one of their distributors.

Ford already killed the Contour, I don't think they're trying to kill it any further, but Ford marketing and their army of licensing attorneys would much rather we bought something new instead of driving our old hoopties.

forget that. i actually hate ford because of this. its really ••••ty of them. no reason to be loyal.

got em lined up. i was looking to see if anyone else was interested in those as a consolation to the svt mats.

what problems were you talking about?

I want a set embroidered with "DEAD MODEL", that will teach Ford. :laugh:

I didn't have any trouble getting mats embroidered with "SVO", but I suspect that none of Ford's lawyers are old enough to remember that car.

a little more than 10 years difference. svo is older and just as limited as the svt contour. idk the production numbers but a 3 year run also.

anyways, is anyone really interested in the mnb "contour" mats im trying to get check on interest and potentially buy the rest of them out.

There was a group buy of SVT mats from Falcon mats in CA some years ago-I may still have the address if anyone is interested

Here's an idea - why not ask for the acronym CSVT. No copywrite issue there, and I would buy that floor mat if it doesn't cost more than my car is worth.

Here's an idea - why not ask for the acronym CSVT. No copywrite issue there, and I would buy that floor mat if it doesn't cost more than my car is worth.

OK, but what will the font be? In the end its still a copy of the SVT logo. Pretty sure issues have come up in the past based on this.

i would settle with a blank carpet. if i cant get a stock replacement then its not important. for 50 bucks or whatever im leaning towards just getting the "contour" mat. i paused to see if anyone else supplied me with info for any other group buys that already did this exact mat. chances are its more expensive anyways. i might as well get on with the contour mat.

Back