• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Follow up on new exhaust

bballcrazy30

CEG'er
I was choosing between the trubendz borla or flowmaster. I ended up picking borla and i ended up getting it installed today. My contour svt sounds amazing and im glad that i choose borla. Its a good quality exhaust system

I was choosing between the trubendz borla or flowmaster. I ended up picking borla and i ended up getting it installed today. My contour svt sounds amazing and im glad that i choose borla. Its a good quality exhaust system

Nice choice, you can never go wrong with borla.

yeah its resonated so when i get a chance to ill def make a clip for it. And i raced it today at the track and ended up beating an 86 Trans Am

All this hype about Borla is getting me excited to through on my original Borla cat-back. If only Meineke would install headers the complete exhaust would have been going on today. Bastids.

I loved the sound of my Borla cat-back but the piping is too small. No upgrade from stock. I gained maybe 1-2 HP.

Yea I was going to go w/ the Trubendz resonated Borla but I heard about rasp and drone from a few more people than I had hoped. I heard nothing but great things about the original Borla. I will be putting on my WR headers, WR Y and your Trubendz hi-flo test w/ hi flow cat from (2.5 dia) so I will be picking up some HP. I don't plan on going turbo anytime soon if ever so I decided to go with the original Borla even though the piping is stock dia., I know I will be extremely happy w/ the sound.

You need to do one of a few things

#1 Grow thicker skin and brush it off
#2 Leave CEG until you have done that then come back
#3 Don't let it bother you and don't respond

Who cares what they say? Are they gonna take away your birthday for not agreeing with them?

99% of stuff has been tried on these cars.

But if you keep this up you will be gone from CEG. Just a fair warning

You need to do one of a few things

#1 Grow thicker skin and brush it off
#2 Leave CEG until you have done that then come back
#3 Don't let it bother you and don't respond

Who cares what they say? Are they gonna take away your birthday for not agreeing with them?

99% of stuff has been tried on these cars.

But if you keep this up you will be gone from CEG. Just a fair warning

Fine. I don't see you telling them to grow a pair and stfu tho.

I'll love to see some pics and sound clips as well

ditto, I am planning to order the trubendz resonated borla exhaust soon myself. I am going this way as I heard and rode in jefftourct's svt and his non-resonated borla sounded really good, but with headers and optimized y-pipe on my car I don't want it being to loud. But if it isn't I think it will be easier to remove the resonators then to add them in later on ...

I would like to see pics of the exhaust tips please

Edit: I would like to know why you would say that? Because I don't agree with you? ...

Please tell me what accredits Tubi/Borla/Brabus as being the BEST exhaust systems? (regardless that NONE of them make exhausts for the contour)

I'm guessing that you based your hypothesis on the fact that Tubi and Brabus are only on cars that cost 100+K that must mean they are the best muffler system out there.

Show me the flow characteristics and CFM outputs that make them the best.

It would have been fine if you made a claim and then backed it up with certain information, and it would have been better if you actually mentioned an exhaust system that is made for the contour because wait... this is a contour board :idea:

Last edited:
Please tell me what accredits Tubi/Borla/Brabus as being the BEST exhaust systems? (regardless that NONE of them make exhausts for the contour)

I'm guessing that you based your hypothesis on the fact that Tubi and Brabus are only on cars that cost 100+K that must mean they are the best muffler system out there.

Show me the flow characteristics and CFM outputs that make them the best.

It would have been fine if you made a claim and then backed it up with certain information, and it would have been better if you actually mentioned an exhaust system that is made for the contour because wait... this is a contour board :idea:

Um, last time I checked, just because a car company doesn't make something for your car, that doesn't mean they suck. Yeah I'm sure "flow characteristics" and CFM outputs are all of what makes an exhaust good for perfomance.. but if you want max performance then why not just run test pipes? Most people purchase an exhaust for sound as well, and in that case.. you can't beat Brabus, Tubi, Borla, etc. Sorry if I didn't put links and figures to "back up" my claims, didn't think I would have to. I didn't think you would be so offended because I mentioned a brand name that's not Ford Contour exclusive..

And if you have a problem with me mentioning a brand that doesn't make aftermarket parts for Ford Contours, then you have a problem, and you're the tool. Get out much? Obviously not. There are more cars in the world than Ford Contours, Mystiques and Cougars.. believe it or not.

Next time I make a statement, don't be so offended. Don't take it personal, I'm not insulting you.

Back