• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Flame if you must, but this is my prototype

I've seen them priced at $2570 for an entire kit :shrug:

damn. i always wanted to put a supercharger where my AC used to be. it would be real descrete minus the whine they make. you couldnt even see it from there, lol! and a self contained unit? simple!

what you'd have to do is have an underdrive pulley made to stack onto your crank pulley and go off that. you can't get enough tension or pulley contact running it like a serpentine. plus serpentine belts are like 5 rib you need a wider belt if you plan on running any real boost numbers. i looked at my car and there's absolutely no reason you couldnt make one fit.

yeah, didnt think about the surface contact with it on the serp belt...

will the threaded holes in the crank pulley support a SC pulley?

also, has anybody purchased a rotrex c30-74 for less than 2k?

I'm also having a hard time finding a dealer with the 74 trim model...

yeah, didnt think about the surface contact with it on the serp belt...

will the threaded holes in the crank pulley support a SC pulley?

also, has anybody purchased a rotrex c30-74 for less than 2k?

I'm also having a hard time finding a dealer with the 74 trim model...
you didnt search very hard. went to rotrex's website, under dealers, US
http://www.kraftwerksusa.com/kw_products.php?categoryId=8

edit: the 84 trim would probably be a better choice.

I'm already on that, got underdog, kraftwerks, and forced air in tabs, just cant find the right page...
for kraftwerks try products -> rotrex superchargers
or the link i posted.

The others only seemed to sell kits that used the rotrex units and not just the units themselves, although if you were to ask them im sure they would.

Would it be possible to install an idler between the PS and the AC location to allow more contact at the AC location for whatever SC you choose? :shrug:

Would it be possible to install an idler between the PS and the AC location to allow more contact at the AC location for whatever SC you choose? :shrug:
technically, you could. however the supercharger doesnt use the standard 5 rib serp. belt, it uses a wider like 8 rib belt. im also not sure the stock tensioner would be up to the job of keeping enough belt tension all the way around.

Psh, who says you need to occupy all 8 ribs of the pulley? :laugh:

Well, on a more serious note, if one could dig up the mechanical specs on the Contours serpentine pulley system and a small supercharger, maybe this could be worked out. However, I doubt it.

But doesn't the JRSC for the Zetec use a 5-rib? Or am I retarded?

Psh, who says you need to occupy all 8 ribs of the pulley? :laugh:

Well, on a more serious note, if one could dig up the mechanical specs on the Contours serpentine pulley system and a small supercharger, maybe this could be worked out. However, I doubt it.

But doesn't the JRSC for the Zetec use a 5-rib? Or am I retarded?
the JRSC is a different type of SC (twin rotor instead of centrifugal) and doesnt spin as fast so they dont need the extra belt contact area from the extra ribs.

the JRSC is a different type of SC (twin rotor instead of centrifugal) and doesnt spin as fast so they dont need the extra belt contact area from the extra ribs.

Oh ok. I haven't done any research on this, in case you haven't noticed. Just a bit of speculation :laugh:

I'm sort of on the 5 rib should be ok side here, but only because I personally wouldnt be looking forover 275/300hp from a head unit capable of 400...

seems like it wouldnt be all that loaded. which is also why I like the 74 trim, more boost down low. the 04 3l seems to make pretty good power up top, I'm just disappointed with the low end grunt, especially with how people claim the 04+ full 3l is such a brawler down low.

then again, my tune is in left field and I think I need plug wires as well...

Just read the whole thread. Very cool build. Cant wait to see what kinda numbers it will make.

Just read the whole thread. Very cool build. Cant wait to see what kinda numbers it will make.

looks like I'm going to have to wait.... Seems as I've blown cylinder #5. I'm not sure what happened, but the spark plug looks like it has been hit with something...? So, I bought a used G35 and the mystique is in my driveway looking sad... I'll keep you posted, however the likely hood is a 3L swap in some format, and if the engine is out, and I've got some time, I may investigate the AC located supercharger

Back