• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally vids of some of my races...

Regardless, even though Purple is pretty abrasive, contours and mystiques will never be straight line cars. Throw in a few twists and turns and we'll call it a race.

I tried being nice to this guy but he doesn't seem to get it. I mean, you'd think seeing that your car runs a 17.3 in the quarter mile would be enough to make someone give up, but no! He won't!

I know my car is slow... but its still MY car and I want to enjoy it. I wouldn't mind messing around and dragging my car for fun. I also REALLY want to drive on track. Its for fun, not to set records.

I didn't know we had to run a certain time to be allowed to have fun :rolleyes:

Thank you!!!!

Not all of us are fortunate enough to have an SVT, blow the engine and swap in a 3.0L... would i like to, hell yea! but i find it to be just as much fun trying to beat my previous times.

i think i'm taking my autocrossing sometime next month, but i'm not totally sure yet. To me, its seeing what my car can do and seeing what i can do to it to make it better, then i go back and compare to see how much i have and the car has improved...

Purple just like to rag on zetec owners. It doesn't matter what they do, he's there downing on them for no good reason.

Congrat, you have an SVT with a 3.0L.. He has a zetec, there still contours and this is a contour site. Who cares what motor he has. If he wants to drag race, let him.

i'd like to get a turbo, and i'm currently talking to striker about a turbo for my car, but i've never said anything about having one on my car. if i had a turbo, i'd probably be running 14's.

i'd like to get a turbo, and i'm currently talking to striker about a turbo for my car, but i've never said anything about having one on my car. if i had a turbo, i'd probably be running 14's.
If you had a turbo you'd be blowing up your stock internals I would think...You could always do as Hector did and get a supercharger. I guess it took a bit of modification, but it isn't as expensive. That being said...striker's turbo setup > Hector's SC setup :)

buy the turbo kit from striker2:cool: You would be making good times then for sure lol

Thank you!!!!

Not all of us are fortunate enough to have an SVT, blow the engine and swap in a 3.0L

It wasn't fortune that got me my SVT. It was saving just about every penny I made. It was living on a diet of store-brand pasta, never eating out, spending $0 on alcohol and partying, staying away from $8 movies, I didn't waste a single penny modifying my extremely slow car, etc. I didn't make very much at my job but I set a goal and did whatever it took to reach it. Every little thing that seems insignificant on its own adds up over time - that cheap spoiler, can of paint, rims, sideskirts, etc. all cost you money. It may not seem like a lot spread out over time, but trust me - you don't have to have a good-paying job to save up $4600 for a car. I did it working 20 hrs/week during school and making $180/week during the summer working at a camp.

Purple just like to rag on zetec owners. It doesn't matter what they do, he's there downing on them for no good reason.

Nope. Just the lame ones. I never made fun of striker2. (Wait a minute...doesn't he drive an SVT now? But if the Zetec is so awesome...)

$10K purposefully spent can make it just about anything you want. Hell, even $5K could get you good 1/4mile times.

I'm not too sure about that one if you mean good 1/4 mile times as breaking into the 12's. The best CEGers who have spent much money and even more time on their cars are breaking 400whp and still can't get into the 12s yet and I'm sure they have spent 5-10k. Our cars are really not meant for straight line. For example, I think BurritaSvt ran a 13.2 or Ray did (forget who) with so much power and then DemonSVT runs a 13.47 with an NA 3L. Just spending money doesn't mean good 1/4 mile times. What is a good 1/4 mile time you are talking about?

What is a good 1/4 mile time you are talking about?
I was thinking more in the 13's, streetable... and of course, this involves a decent driver. It's a serious undertaking to get just about ANY front drive car into the 12's keeping it streetable. Though, given $10k for a drag-exclusive setup, I say that anyone who knows what they're doing could break into the 12's. Keep things in context - I'm talking about a purpose-built drag car at this point. Granted, I can't think of anyone who would start with a Contour for a drag-only setup, but saying that 12's could be had with $10k, doesn't limit HOW the time is accomplished. Point being, you can make any car into whatever you want it to be with the right know-how and enough money.

I was thinking more in the 13's, streetable... and of course, this involves a decent driver. It's a serious undertaking to get just about ANY front drive car into the 12's keeping it streetable. Though, given $10k for a drag-exclusive setup, I say that anyone who knows what they're doing could break into the 12's. Keep things in context - I'm talking about a purpose-built drag car at this point. Granted, I can't think of anyone who would start with a Contour for a drag-only setup, but saying that 12's could be had with $10k, doesn't limit HOW the time is accomplished. Point being, you can make any car into whatever you want it to be with the right know-how and enough money.

Yeah but I don't even think with 5-10k you could make the contour into the 12s... I mean I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the guys making high power right now didn't make it into the 12s and 5-10k doesn't seem like too much more money than they spent but then again I don't know what they spent. I'm just saying I don't think you could get it into the 12s with 5-10k

Yeah but I don't even think with 5-10k you could make the contour into the 12s... I mean I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the guys making high power right now didn't make it into the 12s and 5-10k doesn't seem like too much more money than they spent but then again I don't know what they spent. I'm just saying I don't think you could get it into the 12s with 5-10k

They also dont have traction until 3rd gear, thats not very indusive of low ETs. you spend $10K on a zetec, and you should have enough power with a fully built block to get you close to 12s. it would actually be doable because the Zetec doesnt have the low end torque that the V6 does, so there would be little traction issues.

before my pistons cracked (not from running lean, there have been focus guys that had the same problem with the Probe Racing pistons), i was running 13PSI. on 10PSI it made 200WHP on a dynapack dyno, hung with an 03 Mustang GT (intake and exhaust, minimum) and was faster than most NA 3Ls on here.

I'm pretty sure the guys making high power right now didn't make it into the 12s
I think you're right but the point is that they didn't build their cars specifically for drag racing. Skinnies on the back, gutted interior, drag-specific suspension setup... sh*t like that which one would only do to a purpose-built drag car, is what it would take for 12's in a Contour. Very doable for $10k, just not practical.

I'm just saying I don't think you could get it into the 12s with 5-10k
Then we can agree to disagree. :cool:

Back