• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fog light measurement

XT_

CEG'er
Quick question... Would a 4 inch light fit perfectly in the stock fog light holes?

Ebay has a few kits that include the lights,bulbs, wiring and switch for like 20 dollars. I was thinking of doing this..

Thanks!

just go to walmart and pick up a set of round fog lights for the same price. they are a 4" light IIRC.

If it were me, I would avoid the hassle of putting in a switch and just buy the OEM foglights off bat. $49 for the set. They are 3 7/8".

If it were me, I would avoid the hassle of putting in a switch and just buy the OEM foglights off bat. $49 for the set. They are 3 7/8".

He'd still have to get a headlight switch with foglight option and wire that all up. Assuming he's talking about his 97.

I have my aftermarket fog light switch sitting underneath my steering wheel console. Completely out of sight but still easily accessible.

you dont need the foglight switch. i wired my factory fogs up just this past weekend with nothing but a relay and some wire. just tap into the corner light wire for the relay signal and then power from the battery. you can then ground everything to the same spot. works great and no extra switch.

I bought the $20 4" foglights from Wal-Mart, mounted them with a machine screw/nut and double-stick tape to the stock fog mounts, then wired them up to the stock wiring. They work perfectly.

the only 20 dollar headlights we have at The local Walmart are fake HID looking ones with a blue tint. Not my style...... Are the ones you picked up clear?

I have an extra headlight switch with foglight option...

PM me what you think is fair with shipping.

Last edited:
Back