• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

finally got on the dyno...

CSVT#49

Addicted CEG'er
Well my CSVT went on the dyno today. Not to shabby if you ask me considering what I have done to it. However I did have my K&N disconnected because I felt I was loosing power with it. The MAF adapter plate I have is smaller then the MAF itself. So I put the OEM SVT intake back on. I had the car warmed up before I put it on there and it put down the following:

Run1: 170.4 FWHP
Run2: 171.3 FWHP
Run3: 176.1 FWHP, 151 ftlb TQ

I'll post the dyno sheets later as I haven't scanned them in yet.

I did notice that I was running a bit rich when looking at my AFR. I'm going to have to hook up my S-AFC and get a wideband hooked up and try to tune it. This may happen later in April when TRicker rents the dyno for a few hours.

dynopull33107rm2.jpg

dynopull33107afrxm6.jpg

Last edited:
176, wow nice numbers!!!

I hope mine hits 175 when i go this summer and get it dyno'd and tuned :)

Nice #'s Mike.

The TQ is a killer though :)

I wanna put headers on the 3L and see how much gain it gets...

P.s. when do you wanna come pull that wiring?

my car with 160k on the N/A pull did 166 HP and 147 TRQ , but the car was running pretty hot after two nitrous runs with the fuel solenoid not working. i'm actually impressed with that considering the mileage. i think i coulda got 175-180 with the engine at the correct operating temp and the safc adjusted the way i usually run it.

but of course i think CSVT#49 coulda seen 190's if he had the intake i have, and had the Y pipe/Test pipe that i have.

fun times anyhow, thanks for comin with mike!

my car with 160k on the N/A pull did 166 HP and 147 TRQ , but the car was running pretty hot after two nitrous runs with the fuel solenoid not working. i'm actually impressed with that considering the mileage. i think i coulda got 175-180 with the engine at the correct operating temp and the safc adjusted the way i usually run it.

but of course i think CSVT#49 coulda seen 190's if he had the intake i have, and had the Y pipe/Test pipe that i have.

fun times anyhow, thanks for comin with mike!

I put down 178.9 on that dyno with my 2.5 :cool: That was headers, intake, exhaust, Xcal2

I'm not sure they had the dyno set up the same way this time though, I think mine may have been corrected slightly

Nice #'s Mike.

The TQ is a killer though :)

I wanna put headers on the 3L and see how much gain it gets...

P.s. when do you wanna come pull that wiring?

Thanks. I need to get a test pipe and my WR y-pipe installed. Not to mention an Xcal2 put on.

I ended up just rewiring my current harness to get the job done. Although I still might be interested in picking that one up for a backup incase I ever put the factory stuff back in.

Let me know.

Also... How interested would you be in doing a tranny Swap :D

Mine may be going south :(

Well as long as you got room in your garage for it and the right tools. Not a problem. However you need to make sure you got everything your gonna need. If we get into it and find crap that needs to be replaced... isn't that your daily driver too?

Keep me posted.

Well as long as you got room in your garage for it and the right tools. Not a problem. However you need to make sure you got everything your gonna need. If we get into it and find crap that needs to be replaced... isn't that your daily driver too?

Keep me posted.

I am trying to keep it going until:
A) I have my new Tranny in the 77 Stang, so i can drive that if neccesary.
B) Can afford a Clutch at the same time :)

IM hoping clutch and tranny hold out till may/June

I am trying to keep it going until:
A) I have my new Tranny in the 77 Stang, so i can drive that if neccesary.
B) Can afford a Clutch at the same time :)

IM hoping clutch and tranny hold out till may/June

Sounds like a plan, just let me know when your looking to do it and I'll try and make sure I have time :cool:

Back