• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiero Meets Water...

MNstuckinMI

Veteran CEG'er
it was a nice day today, so i took the car out for a cruise. when traveling one of my favorite roads, i ran into a section under a little bit of water. it wasnt bad in my lane (i later walked through the water to find its depth) and when i went through it around 60 i just skipped over it. car stayed straight and calm, just pretty cool. ive hydroplaned my car on several occations (on purpose as well) so it wasnt a big deal. i wanted to video it coming the other direction and... well... you'll ahve to watch the video.

When i went back to look at the water crossing, the first time i went through it there was about an 1 to 1 1/2 inch of water, even through out. when i went across it the second time, the lane i was in varied and where my right tires were, it was probably 3-4 inches deep, as the left side was in the inch.

heres the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlpRpw3fuh8

apparently I'm the first to view this, so I feel obligated to comment...yikes

Be more careful with that thing you lucky s.o.b. haha

whers your cabin? i drive that road all the time. i have an incar shot going past the hosue with the big rock in the front yard and the twist after it that i'll use in a video somewhere at some time. hwy 1 is great! :)

watch out for water, and if you ever see me comin up in the rear view, remember, i drive that road fast :D (the speedlimit, of course ;) )

GT or the ugly version? LOL
Ummm I dont really know, as I dont know much about them...

Here is a couple pics.

Fiero1.jpg

Fiero2.jpg

a fiero can look like total crap onthe outside, and be a paintjob away form being great, or can look really good on the outside, but be all rusted to heck undernieth.

my problem with that car is it is an 84. the body panels are held on a little different (not THAT big of a deal, but still a problem when you want to change it to look a better way) and the wireing is REALLY different. if you are ever going to get a fiero, get an 85 or newer for those reasons. if you can find one, and want to have problems finding parts, get an 88. they completly redesigned the suspension and it handles a lot different.

mine is an 87, which i perfer. with the upgrades ive done to the suspension, i should otuhandle the 88. sure, it might not be as smooth, but its a sportscar, not a daily driver!

mine is a fastback (the sloping rear area) and the 84 is a notchback with bumperpaded bumpers. the later ones did not have bumperpads and look worlds better, and you could get an areo notchback also, that had the ground effects like mine but the notchback style.

Fastback:
DSC_0020.jpg

notchback bumerpads:
ltlfrari.jpg

areo notchback:
blackazz2.jpg

name1.jpg

87/88 notchback non bumperpad:
standard.jpg

see, notchies can look good (well, cept for the bumperpad :D)
and the mods are infient, from choptops, widebodys,to motorswaps (big ones too, like bigger 6's to v8's to turbos ect ect

good times. i want to do a 3.4 DOHC motor in mine sometime in the future. my nuddy had one and it was nutz with the custom cams and all. really makes the car wake up.

hope that helps with some info on Fieros. i know fieros like a lot fo you know Contours, so feel free to ask

here is what i have seen in fieros:

stock 2.5 4cyl
2.8 V6

motorswaps
3.4 pr V6
3.1 pr v6
3.4 DOHC v6
3.5 "shortstar" V6
3100 v6
3400 v6
3.3 v6
3.8 v6
3.8 Supercharged
4.3 v6

ecotec 4 cyl
quad 4

small block chevy (different varients)
lt1
ls1
ls2
ls4
northstar
olds arura 4.whatever (basically a smaller version of the northstar)
4.9 caddy
4.1 caddy

longitude mount
500 caddy

and some oddballs trys have been attempted, but not finished (that i know of)
SHO V6 removed to try:
DSM out of an eclipse
and somone was working on a twin engine hyabusa swap but gave up to build a track car with them instead :)

so yeah, there are a ton of different varients to the fiero :)

and the fastest ones are 3800 V6 swaps (either supercharged or turbo)
my buddys car:
use to be a MP90 on tip:
Picture_030_9.jpg

now it is a MP112 on top :D
MP112_Purple.jpg

and the car it is in:
in show form rollin 19's
3_44_1.jpg

in "business form" minus the wing now :D
DSCF0331.jpg

Last edited:
Back