• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fiberglass Eyelids

That is true about when something is proposed everyone :drool: about it and then when its time to buck up they drop like flies, but, I bet you could have drummed up some business and profit if you had posted a thread in the GB section in the past. It seems ALOT of ppl want these. You may have done that before as you have been a member longer than I but AFAIK I haven't seen a FG eyebrow GB that actually went anywhere other than the original one by I believe "PowerRadio's" (forget the SN) friend who made a few sets. I already have my set so whoever makes them makes no difference to me.

steeda or anyone, would you be able to give a ballpark price of what you could make? just so it dosnt hit me like a brick if any every get made.

i have wanted these for a long time. but i just painted mine on. steeda make these or someone. here i will even start a list up for it..

fiberglass eyebrows

1. pimpdcontour...

whats the deal? if your going to make them then do it now... I'll be wicked pissed if I jump thru a million hoops and do all the legwork to have them produce the product only to have someone sell their own later.

tell me now if I should stop or not.. there is demand for these but its completely pointless for TopShop to waste their time making a mold if you've already sold units to the people who want them.

you should have said something MONTHS ago! Shame on you!

argh.

:) What are they charging/ how much was the orignal group buy?? How was the other FG ones held on? Anyone have pics of them off the car?

I have said stuff many time but no one seemed to care. I am in fact Steeda soo no one likes me :)

I have NEVER seen you mention making them. :shrug:

The original ones were $50 + shipping. I picked mine up for $30 a year later from someone that bought them and never painted or mounted them.

They are just flat on the headlight with no mounting tabs or anything, so I used some Scotch Mounting Tape.
ammm2166.jpg

I have no idea how much TopShop will charge us as they have not even looked at the assemblies yet nor have they attempted to make a mold.

so at this point I'm declaring that I'm standing still because if no one but me buys is it worth it?

Steeda... I've met you and like you.. shame on you for not saying anything sooner.. I know you were talking to me about the morettes in person but that was it..

poopie!

I still want a set .... but if this doesn't happen I ran across a guy from MA on NECO that is goign to learn fiberglass and he was willing to give making eyelids a try

I still want a set .... but if this doesn't happen I ran across a guy from MA on NECO that is goign to learn fiberglass and he was willing to give making eyelids a try

nice!!! i still want some

NVMYSVT: before topshop gets the go ahead to make them can we get a quote first?

I have NEVER seen you mention making them. :shrug:

The original ones were $50 + shipping. I picked mine up for $30 a year later from someone that bought them and never painted or mounted them.

They are just flat on the headlight with no mounting tabs or anything, so I used some Scotch Mounting Tape.
ammm2166.jpg

Thats exactly the same stuff that I used, and it holds very well.

:) What are they charging/ how much was the orignal group buy?? How was the other FG ones held on? Anyone have pics of them off the car?

I have said stuff many time but no one seemed to care. I am in fact Steeda soo no one likes me :)

Here is a link to all the pics I have of my eyelids. If you want more let me know and I can go get more.

http://www.fototime.com/inv/9EBE6E3F06FD94A

Last edited:
I've mentioned it a few times on the old forums. Let me see what i can do. Even if Top shop makes them, it not like it would hurt. Let them continue and see what develops

I'm assuming that cant happen until they take a look at the assemblies and see how hard it would be to make the initial molds.

yea that what i meant sorry. after they look into it. But dont you have some FG eyelids? that you said you would send in for them to copy?

I will have a extra set of headlights soo and alot of free time :) We'll see that that leads too

Whats the thickness of the other FG ones? like 1/8"???

yea that what i meant sorry. after they look into it. But dont you have some FG eyelids? that you said you would send in for them to copy?

Nope, Luca offered to send in a set so they could copy them .... not me.. I just wanted a set...

I already have morettes for 1 car.... but the other 2 will be rollin the eyelids at some time regardless of who makes them

Back