• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

feeler: tubular control arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

bensenvill

Hard-core CEG'er
This is just an interest check. A few NECO guys were interested in getting these back in production. I have nothing to do with this other than getting a feeler from CEG. I bought one of the original sets 2 or 3 years back [I think he only made 5 or 10 sets total] and have been very pleased with them.

It should be common sense to mention these are race parts intended for racing and not the street.

Eitherway I have no personal contact with the original fabricator anymore, so please base your responses on the sparse details we have on hand.

He only made sets of the 2 bolt control arms [although originally expressed the possibility of one day doing a 4 bolt, and was also close to releasing traction bars for the arms] and I beleive the price was 350ish.

If there is genuine interest, we will approach him again for more information.

quick pic I have on hand

img1518qq9.jpg

I am 100% interested, but find out if he can also do 4 bolt ones too. My 98 is 4 bolt and my 00 is 2 bolt.

100% for 2 bolters ;) I think I was even one of the ones bugging you on NECO :laugh:

Also just throwing it out there, would it be possible to get some sort of adjustable ball joint? For camber adjustments, even though it would probably require custom axles.

Last edited:
Hey guys,
im the one who started the whole interest thing over on NECO.

Wow, seems like lot of you guys are interested.

If you can, can you put your name down on this list?

I think once i get at least 5 of you guys from here to sign up there is a good chance that he will fabricate these for us.
And as you know, more people showing interest, more room i will have of negotiating a price drop.

thanks guys!

Rich

1. Sharkie17 (NECO/CEG)

1. Sharkie17 (NECO/CEG)
2. ryanblacksvt 2 and possibly 4 (CEG)
3. xtascox 4 bolt (CEG)
4. Black 98 CSVT 4 Bolt (CEG)
5. Redlineracer12 2 Bolt (CEG)
6. CSVT#49 4 bolt (CEG)
7. Schattastic SVT Maybe 4 bolt (CEG)
8. Beans 4 bolt if price is right (CEG)
9 Necronommicon 4 bolt (CEG)
10. skywalker Interested (CEG)
11. Matty K 4bolt (CEG)

How's that?

Holy cow!
Thats great!

Also, all you boosted guys need to put all that horses on the ground!

Brapple? you in? :)

I will keep you guys updated.

thanks!!

Rich

100% for 2 bolters ;) I think I was even one of the ones bugging you on NECO :laugh:

Also just throwing it out there, would it be possible to get some sort of adjustable ball joint? For camber adjustments, even though it would probably require custom axles.

with that design, no. He's using the stock ball joints [of which a new set was included in that cost] so its not setup to be adjustable. You may be able to get a turn or two of adjustability from the heim joint side but very very little as any more and the pins will no longer align.

I was thinking the same thing but if they come with good ball joints and helm joints instead of bushings it seems like a better deal.

yes that cost was all inclusive to install in the car, included the heim joints, and the metal inserts for the heim joints [actually mine came with two complete sets, not sure if that was intentional but I like spare parts], and new ball joints

and Beans, to answer your question on what makes these better over stock.... well for one they are a hella lot stronger. While I am usually a model driver on the road, I will admit to several dumb stunts as of late that resulted in many a broken parts... The control arms held up like a champ where everything around them did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back