• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

fastest time?

TRicker

Hard-core CEG'er
what's the fastest recorded (proven in some way) 1/4 mile time for a contour/mystique? i'm talking about full bodied here, not a tube chassis dragster with a fiberglass contour shell, to be clear. thanks in advance for any insight :)

DemonSVT - 13.4 (3L N/A)
cougar99 - 13.2 (2.5L + nitrous)
BurritaSVT - 13.2 (2.5L + turbo)<-I think he was still 2.5L :shrug:

Mark

DemonSVT - 13.4 (3L N/A)

But the question is which one would you want? All three are vastly different set ups. I would go with Demons.

DemonSVT - 13.4 (3L N/A)

But the question is which one would you want? All three are vastly different set ups. I would go with Demons.

I'd take one of the other 2 any day. Mine is only "fast" on the bottle. But i am in the process of fixing that! ;)

;) yep kyle i think im shooting to break into the 12's this year. first you gotta help me get that engine in and do up the trans. when can we use your garage for a whole weekend ;)

beyondloaded, you have DSS stage 2's right? i have somewhere seen the pricing, but i nowhere saw any horsepower rating. what do you think those things can handle?

beyondloaded, you have DSS stage 2's right? i have somewhere seen the pricing, but i nowhere saw any horsepower rating. what do you think those things can handle?

Well, I have the old stage 2 axles which uses the Billet 1117 and the 4340 steel. The stage 1 is all Billet 1117, but both stage axles break the billet 1117 portion, so honestly, my axles are no stronger than a stage 1. The new stage 2 are all 4340, but im not sure what they could handle. I dont know why DSS rates their axles in hp since thats not what breaks axles. I dont even see the Contour axles anymore on their website. Anyways, axles arent rated in hp, but rather in tq. Not only that, but they better be able to handle some extreme jerk (e.g. Dumping the clutch with full traction on slicks or powershifting) because thats what kills axles/driveshafts. As for the tq limit, I honestly couldnt tell you. Its basically a guess and check method at this point lol.

Ya'll may already know this but what guys I know that run slicks on FWDs say is preloading. Using the ebrake and whatnot, I don't know the exacts but they say it is a must to not breaking axles. One buddy runs stock axles on a ~400whp civic and hasn't broke them yet after a good many runs at the strip and some street driving. I've seen other 10 and 11 second hondas doing the same. Granted, they don't produce the same torque we do, nor do they make it as quickly, but they still have a good bit. Another thing he does is put chains on his front suspension and tightens them up good. Good for 2 tenths in the 60'.

I want to see a highly modded contour on slicks. I can't believe with the various 300-400whp contours that noone has ran on slicks.

Ya'll may already know this but what guys I know that run slicks on FWDs say is preloading. Using the ebrake and whatnot, I don't know the exacts but they say it is a must to not breaking axles. One buddy runs stock axles on a ~400whp civic and hasn't broke them yet after a good many runs at the strip and some street driving. I've seen other 10 and 11 second hondas doing the same. Granted, they don't produce the same torque we do, nor do they make it as quickly, but they still have a good bit. Another thing he does is put chains on his front suspension and tightens them up good. Good for 2 tenths in the 60'.

I want to see a highly modded contour on slicks. I can't believe with the various 300-400whp contours that noone has ran on slicks.

A lot of other car manufacturers actually build pretty strong axles and transmissions for their cars stock. The contour isnt one of those. Numerous people have broken stock axles on 3.0Ls without even slicks.

Back