• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest contour

why wont the driveshaftshop axles hold the power?

maybe their new ones can hold power but their old stage 3 didn't.

here is one of their old stg3 axels from my vw gti making 203whp 265wtq

162837480-M.jpg

162837507-M.jpg

they were suposed to be rated to something like 400hp. I have snapped both the short pass side and the longer drivers side and both times all they did for me was reweld it.

they have updated their design though to a solid axle but I don't want to spend another grand on axles if they are just going to break somewhere else.

I don't believe DSS makes these any more. They have been completely removed from there site and catalog. For some time now too.

I have the 13.2 at 106 mph where my trap speed were closer to 110mph I was running the 2.5 liter built motor turbo charged at 10-12psi and bent my stock axle on the run due to the hard launch. I let off the gas when my wheel felt likr it was coming off but If i knew it was just a shaft I would have styed in it to get 13.0 more than likely. I never really had a chance to hot the track with 400whp yet but I imagine even granny launching I owuld eadily break 12 for sure. Joey

I have the 13.2 at 106 mph where my trap speed were closer to 110mph I was running the 2.5 liter built motor turbo charged at 10-12psi and bent my stock axle on the run due to the hard launch. I let off the gas when my wheel felt likr it was coming off but If i knew it was just a shaft I would have styed in it to get 13.0 more than likely. I never really had a chance to hot the track with 400whp yet but I imagine even granny launching I owuld eadily break 12 for sure. Joey

Where's that stupid "Do It" GIF when you need it...

maybe but I was pretty sure on 13.2, either way, I was wondering why that's the fastest a contour has gone, there are a few contours with over 400whp, and there are other fwd cars with less hp running much better times. Is it just that nobody runs drag slicks or is there a weak link that nobody's found a way around yet when you reach a certain hp? I know traction is the ultimate enemy with these cars when you get to a certain level of power.

Only one person has run drag slicks and posted the time. Most people run street tires.

Axles snap occasionally but not necessarily everytime you get traction.

Only one person has run drag slicks and posted the time. Most people run street tires.

Axles snap occasionally but not necessarily everytime you get traction.

I have ran at the track a total of about 10-12 runs and have yet to break an axle with my drag radials. I try not to launch too hard so as to not stress them to much with a jolt. When i hit 2nd and the 125 shot hits in though you can feel them diggin into the track... and have yet to break one. The axles are fine as long as you don't just out right abuse them or be stupid.

(or i'm just lucky for now)

alright i am upset
http://www.dragtimes.com/Ford-Focus-Timeslip-4802.html
1/4 Mile ET: 11.880
1/4 Mile MPH: 123.000
why in the heck is a friggin 4 cylinder going that fast

ok i know hes running 20 pounds of boost
surely someone in a contour can break his numbers
im poor i cant do it
i think ryanblacksvts gonnna do it

put the big slicks and big axles and dump it at 8k
it will do something spectacular im sure of it

just joking about the 8 k launch
my sisters boyfirend had a 03 cobra with irs he would launch at 6 k with slicks and nitrous with a ported eaton blower
he broke the factory axle once
and ran like 15 times 10.9 129 was the best

yes i rwd alot not in a contour yes its unfortunate
theres a guy running 10.6 at like 130 on pinks in his piece of crap honda crx or something its fwd

Back