• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest Contour/Cougar

I would like to see this slip posted. Plzthx.

Just check dragtimes.com; it's on there.

9105-1999-Mercury-Cougar-Timeslip.jpg

you guys are all lightyears away in terms of capability versus burritaSVT

story has it, his 13.2 was run, with a broken axle. he hit 430 whp and then turned the boost up from there. nobody else has produced those numbers.

these 13.2 runs with nitrous and a 2.5L are GOOD numbers. i assure you this guy can drive, because thats all that car is good for. i had 300whp with a 125 shot and i wouldnt be able to run a 13, i could spin 4th gear. someone is gonna step up though. im sure of it. i put my bets on CSVT#49! :D

Well maybe not, cuz 2000ZxT is fed up with all you haters and isn't wasting time on updating his build thread anymore, so now he can spend more time building. :laugh:

Everyone has their doubts!! It's being human.. We all know there have been & still are Contours/Cougars with enough power to easily make the time.. Many lack any of the other components needed, suspension, LSD, Clutch, TIRES, or just the Pure driving/track experience... Or like I said before, It's their DD and afraid to break things, or have broken things in the past & tired of working on them, and/ or many other factors

I am not saying a contour cant hit 12s. But I am saying that there have been several contours that had plenty of horsepower and all those things above that you say have been lacking, and werent driven by people afraid to break stuff.

Honestly I have been starting to wonder if it wouldnt be a good idea to try wheelie bars on contours like some of the fast honda FWDs.

Like we have said in the past... It's not ALL about power.. 430whp is just simply OVERkill with our platforms.. Cannot transfer that amount of power & have the tires stick.. If you couldn't run in the 13's with a 100 shot, you may need driving lessons? Better tires? better tune? or something else mentioned in all the components...

you guys are all lightyears away in terms of capability versus burritaSVT

story has it, his 13.2 was run, with a broken axle. he hit 430 whp and then turned the boost up from there. nobody else has produced those numbers.

these 13.2 runs with nitrous and a 2.5L are GOOD numbers. i assure you this guy can drive, because thats all that car is good for. i had 300whp with a 125 shot and i wouldnt be able to run a 13, i could spin 4th gear. someone is gonna step up though. im sure of it. i put my bets on CSVT#49! :D

Like we have said in the past... It's not ALL about power.. 430whp is just simply OVERkill with our platforms.. Cannot transfer that amount of power & have the tires stick.. If you couldn't run in the 13's with a 100 shot, you may need driving lessons? Better tires? better tune? or something else mentioned in all the components...

lol. dude i never had a tune, nor did i go to the track when i ran nitrous. think my car was slow? highly doubtful. check my youtube vid man.

lol. dude i never had a tune, nor did i go to the track when i ran nitrous. think my car was slow? highly doubtful. check my youtube vid man.

When did I say it was slow? Lol, Your the one that said it wouldn't run 13s.. I said it should... but okay.. Out the Thread :cool:.. Until time to post slips/vids.. or other serious info to actually help benefit someone

ok guys I just read some of this thread...like the 1st 1-8 pages then the last 2. I know traction is a problem, but how can the hondas do it and we can't? I'm not a 1/4 mile guru but there must be something we can do to get these damn cars into the 12's.

ok guys I just read some of this thread...like the 1st 1-8 pages then the last 2. I know traction is a problem, but how can the hondas do it and we can't? I'm not a 1/4 mile guru but there must be something we can do to get these damn cars into the 12's.

Traction is only part of the problem.

You fix traction and your problem becomes durability of the drivetrain.

It could be done, but any of the guys with the skill/knowledge have either moved on, or not wasted their time/money on making a road course car into a drag strip car.

1/4 mile numbers aren't really that important, sure some people like them, but they are far from the measure of a good car.

Take when the Olds 442 came out. It was a full second slower than the GTO, but you know what made it a strong competitor? The 442 could corner. Though I use that term loosely.

How is that 12 second contour coming along that you guaranteed would be completed in march after telling us all that we didnt know anything about cars or quarter miles?

Or are you still being a whiney kid and randomly flaming me because you are frustrated with the fact you keep making yourself look like an idiot?

seriously, are you gonna complain about every post I make? Just figured I would answer a question and save the guy a question by explaining why there hasn't been much serious effort. Grow up kid.

Not flaming you man (lol). Just stating this 32 page thread has been beating a dead horse for 25 pages or so. Say whatever you want about my build I seriously do not care.

And your the one flaming me "look like an idiot" "whiney kid" "completed in march" (<-read my thread youd understand I changed the plans).

he had a question, I answered it. I elaborated slightly so that more questions wouldnt come out of that one.

Besides, you have commented on several of my other posts, so.... what else would a person assume.

Anyways, you would think that if you are so keen on this thread finally dying, you wouldnt add pointless cartoons to make fun of the other posters who ask valid questions but havent wanted to dig through the mountain of BS to get a good answer.

I have come to the conclusion this thread will never die so who cares. My car is coming along terribly.

Back