• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Fastest Contour/Cougar

I have come to the conclusion this thread will never die so who cares. My car is coming along terribly.

It could be because instead of befriending people who have already traveled the road you're on, you flamed them, telling them that you have 10k in magical parts nobody else has tried before. You didn't have experience, yet you were telling the people who have tried EVERYTHING that you were special. Probably would have helped you a bit way back when, if you had just layed out what you were going to try, so that if someone tried it before they could tell you WHY it doesn't work.

This isn't a contour thing man, it's a FWD thing. FWD cars do not run quick times, period.the only FWD cars that can break good times are purpose built dragsters with every part being fabricated for the specific role of racing. It's not a new concept, it's not made up, it's simple physics. If you wanted a fun road car, then you got the right ford, if you wanted a quick 1/4, then you got the wrong ford. Get yourself a foxbody and start over.

Here, I'll layout what ford I would build for specific purposes(if finances allowed ofcourse).

Quick 1/4: Built Fox Body
Fun Road Car: Stock CSVT(already got it ;))
Fun road car that turns heads everywhere: 68/69 Fastback retromod(can build one from scratch with a year one catalog)

This isn't a contour thing man, it's a FWD thing. FWD cars do not run quick times, period.the only FWD cars that can break good times are purpose built dragsters with every part being fabricated for the specific role of racing.
:nonono:..that'll be your little secret

holy chit...i can't believe some of you. I know how old most of you are...and your posts show me i should think otherwise! :nonono:

It's hard to go through 20 something pages of posts.

2009 is over, what did you guys end up running? Couple people were claiming some numbers, what happened? :shrug:

Back