• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Facebook

I'm only ever on Facebook once or twice a week on my company's account for work. I do not regret not having a personal profile there.

Yeah. Im gunna go ahead and bump this for the last time.

1# im going to urge people to stop helping or posting in the troubleshooting posts, why? Because thats where people are staying.

#2 why is that bad? Because it is splitting the already diluted community, see 95_mystiques thread. ( your part of your own problem )

#3 HOLY •••• WE DONT NEED TO SEE YOUR SAME CAR EVERY DAY WITH A NEW POST AND PICTURE!! PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, IT LOOKS GREAT. NO ONES CARES IF IT RAINED ON YOUR CAR TODAY!!!!!!!

my damn feed is the same garbage every day now! Unliking page didnt do •••• because people keep replying to the threads there. Please stop. Im going to have to start removing people from my " friends" because it is very very annoying.

Yeah. Im gunna go ahead and bump this for the last time.

1# im going to urge people to stop helping or posting in the troubleshooting posts, why? Because thats where people are staying.

#2 why is that bad? Because it is splitting the already diluted community, see 95_mystiques thread. ( your part of your own problem )

#3 HOLY •••• WE DONT NEED TO SEE YOUR SAME CAR EVERY DAY WITH A NEW POST AND PICTURE!! PEOPLE KNOW WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE, IT LOOKS GREAT. NO ONES CARES IF IT RAINED ON YOUR CAR TODAY!!!!!!!

my damn feed is the same garbage every day now! Unliking page didnt do •••• because people keep replying to the threads there. Please stop. Im going to have to start removing people from my " friends" because it is very very annoying.

I agree I had to be a smartass today because people are being dumb, ok you can not diagnose a car over the internet, then they ••••• they cant get an answer asap... A few of them tag me a lot cause they know I do builds, I fix a lot of contours... the dumb •••• is getting old... sorry for my rant but it is getting old... All these dumb questions all can be searched on this site. But as I said before they want the answers instantly, you can't expect a car that is over 14years old and you beat the •••• out of the car of course its going to break... I see a few of us starting to pull away, Adam, John, Mark and my self... I know there are a few others

^ agree

I'm being tagged (I know in good fun most of the time), but I have better things to do and will probably sign out of the SVT Contour group.

One thing that would help save CEG and get more of the FB users here, oddly, is the feature to upload pictures and video right from your "smart" phone to the CEG site. :cool:

I would post more pictures if I didnt have to email them to myself, put them on Photobucket and link them to CEG. Pain in my caboose.

I would post more pictures if I didnt have to email them to myself, put them on Photobucket and link them to CEG. Pain in my caboose.

upload to photobucket app, copy link, paste on CEG....its not too bad.

The thing that blows me away is the people asking for help, and trusting the random strangers suggestions. At least here you can look at post count, how long they have been a member, and do some additional research to confirm that someone is offering the right answers to your question

One thing that would help save CEG and get more of the FB users here, oddly, is the feature to upload pictures and video right from your "smart" phone to the CEG site. :cool:

Tapatalk is the answer. NECO uses it. Focus Fanatics. FocalJet. SVTPerformance. S197Forum. All of the sites that I regularly visit can be accessed quickly, cleanly, and easily through Tapatalk. I can navigate without zooming in and out, and I can upload photos straight from the phone/iPad. The only outliers are this forum and the Bullitt forum.

The Bullitt forum just dropped Tapatalk in favor of the ridiculous Autoguide app, which is just a low-rent clone of Tapatalk, yet isn't compatible at all, and I refuse to adopt.

The thing that blows me away is the people asking for help, and trusting the random strangers suggestions. At least here you can look at post count, how long they have been a member, and do some additional research to confirm that someone is offering the right answers to your question

^ never really thought of that but so true!

Thanks for this. They must have came out with it when they redid their website. I was only familiar with Snap bucket which added a folder to photobucket, but could link to the forums.

Already got it downloaded!

Tapatalk is the answer. NECO uses it. Focus Fanatics. FocalJet. SVTPerformance. S197Forum. All of the sites that I regularly visit can be accessed quickly, cleanly, and easily through Tapatalk. I can navigate without zooming in and out, and I can upload photos straight from the phone/iPad. The only outliers are this forum and the Bullitt forum.

The Bullitt forum just dropped Tapatalk in favor of the ridiculous Autoguide app, which is just a low-rent clone of Tapatalk, yet isn't compatible at all, and I refuse to adopt.

Tapatalk is very close to becoming a reality here! We finally have all the info we need to get stuff rolling. TT is on the top of that list.

Hope this isn't off topic but this week I was in a huge panic when banging noises from the back of my car
worried me so much i stopped driving. My local garage said my Massive tubular rear control arms needed
to be replaced...they ordered ONE OEM unit for $300 a huge hit on my small pension.
Members on this site like B3NN3TT/Pole120 gave me the knowledge to understand the problem
Karl Truty at Massive went far out of his way to listen to my problem and ship out parts to Canada
the same day.
Stressed beyond belief it was amazing to have this site and all the good members...to get my
dear old Merc Mystique back on the road....thanks all
Doug P
Ontario Canada

Last edited:
Tapatalk is now active!! Be advised it just went live and we may do some tweaking if needed.

Back