• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Extreme Dimensions Carbon Fiber Front Splitter/Mirko

I dunno dude...I love your car and the CF splitter looks really nice when it's by itself, but when it is mounted on the car it screams, "Look what I bought at O'reilly's!" to me. I understand your theme with the CF stuff, but I can't wrap my head around the sudden color change in that area of the car. Don't hate me too much! :cool:

I dunno dude...I love your car and the CF splitter looks really nice when it's by itself, but when it is mounted on the car it screams, "Look what I bought at O'reilly's!" to me. I understand your theme with the CF stuff, but I can't wrap my head around the sudden color change in that area of the car. Don't hate me too much! :cool:

not gonna lie, I had a similar thought first time I mounted it. The red one just flows so well with the car.....the CF really stands out. Its grown on me pretty quick, Im sure knowing how rare of a piece it is (I hope it stays that way) helps with that.

Ok...since I will never own a CF mirko....(cause I dont want one for my car anyhow)....I will give you my idea Malcolm. But you gotta remember to give credit if you use it! lol What if you painted the upper portion of the mirko Tred but left just the bottom "lip" CF?? That way it actually looks like a race CF splitter...and you get the nicer transition into the Tred paint on the bumper cover??

Quick question to anyone, Tess just called, I had her run the splitter up to a body shop to get a quote on paint, they said they won't guarantee adhesion of the paint since it's an after market part? Is this normal, the other shops I talked to didn't say anything about this, or is this shop just trying to give themselves a loophole out.
If these are raw plastic they need a plastic adhesion promoter applied before any paint/primer is applied. Otherwise the paint Will Not stick. Any reputable shop won't have any problem getting it done right. Just remember You Get What You Pay For

Ok didn't feel we needed a new thread, so here is my non-CF ED Mirko

b806ba40.jpg

ae6e93a3.jpg

46004c84.jpg

Yes I know, the paint came off when I installed it :mad:
a0c2bd9a.jpg

And no it's not primer or anything showing through near the fog light, I just didn't get the molehair cut down far enough, so there's a white edge there.

Back