• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Extreme Dimensions Carbon Fiber Front Splitter/Mirko

I want to get the bottom of the back bumper wrapped and the mirror bases too....that should complete the look

haha, im doing the same on the rear bumper. Also doing CF skirts after this summer, already got a spare set ready. that looks goodthough, cant wait for mine now!

That's exactly how I mounted mounted mine! I'm going to line the enter inside of mine with molehair though, just to prevent scratching anywhere. I noticed you have the bumper stays, I don't which probably makes it a bit easier to get mine on also.

dave,what ever happened to my splitter? thats the ONLY way to mount one , without altering the bumper at all

I would go show only with that piece. Fix up the FG one a little and DD with that. The CF one is too nice to risk day to day. Had a Mirko, been there done that. The CF one is awesome but it would make me a nervous wreck!

dave,what ever happened to my splitter? thats the ONLY way to mount one , without altering the bumper at all

I would have loved to go that route. The splitter I believe got sold to someone it IA, because the guy who bought the car from Juan didn't want it. However, all the mounting hardware is still on the car, we couldn't get it off.

Dave, once you get that painted do you think you will have any issues with the paint cracking when you twist/pull it to get it on the bumper? Im sure they will add flex additive to the paint, but I have no idea how much that stuff allows the paint to actually flex

That woudl be a "show only" splitter for me and would be on the garage wall 99% of the time right next to my CF pre98 hood and brand new painted OG Mirko.

Now that these are not made by Mirko, what is the short/slang name for the durasplitters?

Now that these are not made by Mirko, what is the short/slang name for the durasplitters?

Since it's the Mirko mold, wouldn't it still be considered\called a Mirko?

Perhaps we can call it the ED treatment:laugh::shrug:

Quick question to anyone, Tess just called, I had her run the splitter up to a body shop to get a quote on paint, they said they won't guarantee adhesion of the paint since it's an after market part? Is this normal, the other shops I talked to didn't say anything about this, or is this shop just trying to give themselves a loophole out.

Quick question to anyone, Tess just called, I had her run the splitter up to a body shop to get a quote on paint, they said they won't guarantee adhesion of the paint since it's an after market part? Is this normal, the other shops I talked to didn't say anything about this, or is this shop just trying to give themselves a loophole out.

Never heard that before, I've had my old one painted a couple times.....if they can't guarantee adhesion I'd say time to find another shop. With proper prep and supplies it shouldn't be a problem IMO

Never heard that before, I've had my old one painted a couple times.....if they can't guarantee adhesion I'd say time to find another shop. With proper prep and supplies it shouldn't be a problem IMO

That's exactly what I was thinking.

sounds like a dealership or a large chain shop w/ expensive attys that make you sign a bunch of legal mumbo-jumbo before they even pull your car in to the work areas...

That splitter on your car is sexy time for sure! I agree with some others that it would be hard for me to drive with it on there though... Too skeered!
Erick --

That splitter on your car is sexy time for sure! I agree with some others that it would be hard for me to drive with it on there though... Too skeered!
Erick --

F that.....Im driving with it! •••• happens, after crying for a couple days Im sure Ill get over it :laugh:

yeah malcom you know what i said already. show only.. our streets are terrible man. it kills me to have to drive this thing on brunswick roads.

Back