• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ElKy Mesh Official Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Payment is on the way

Payment is on the way

Okay Elky, my money order has been mailed!

I'm looking forward to this nice mod. I have always been missing my rear mesh, including the fasteners/clips, can someone fill me in as to whether they are still available from Ford, or what I can use instead thanks guys.

you shouldn't need anything to hold the mesh on. the 'slots' i cut in the mesh allow you to slide it on the factory bumper tabs. and the mesh bites onto the tabs pretty well.

the clips from ford are most likely going to be pretty pricey. I just got some small binder clips and put them on. hasn't been an issue at all.

Are there any left? I just realized over the weekend my front mesh's broken in like 3 pieces. My rear one has a big hole in the middle...

Yipee!
I got my mesh yesterday!
I'm gonna paint mine flat black, just gotta find some time...Thanks Elky :laugh:

Ta-Da!

Ta-Da!

Okay, my intention was to be understated, if not close to original with the look and I have since re-adjusted the mesh to remove the waviness you can see in the pictures. I used a wrinkle coat finish to add some texture. I also just got my production numbers from SVTOA in a Reflective black (reflects silver) and I love the way it subtly picks up the car color and again remains low key rather than flashy, which is my intention.

Attachments

• IMG_3302 Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_3302 Large Web view.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3308s Large Web view.jpg
    IMG_3308s Large Web view.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3299 Large Web view 2.jpg
    IMG_3299 Large Web view 2.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3291 Medium Web view.jpg
    IMG_3291 Medium Web view.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
i like it.
do you have any pics that show the whole front end with grill and bumper mesh painted?

As I mentioned I had always been missing my rear mesh so I made it a priority to get that done first. I plan on prepping, painting, and installing the front lower mesh this weekend. The jury is still out for me on the upper grill mesh, I'm thinking of wrinkle coating the original grill, since mine is in fine shape. I will post a "full frontal" once I get the lower mesh installed next week.

Bam!!

Bam!!

:laugh: Well, just couldn't wait to get my front lower grill swapped out, so here it is. Plus another Shot of the production numbers, got them to glow from the camera flash, they're actually reflective black. Before anyone asks that water on the concrete from the recent wash job not vital fluids!
IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3311.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

IMG_3366.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back