• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

ElKy Mesh Official Group Buy

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElKy

Has Nutz Bigger than Yours. Want Proof?
it's on!

The three piece SVT set consists of three pieces of mesh, one for the grill, one for the front bumper and one for the rear bumper.
they are cut to size and the bumper pieces have 'slots' cut in them to slide right over the factory tabs on the bumpers.
the grill piece has to be installed by you. It involves cutting apart your factory grill, cutting out the crosshatch, fitting the mesh, trimming the mesh, and then putting the grill back together. there was a how to out there somewhere.

A set will be $65 shipped. (I know i said $60 in the interest check, but i got hosed on shipping when i bought the material. sorry)

right now i have 23 sets ready to be shipped.

this is the list form the interest check:

1. steeno321 - PAID - Shipped
  2. mdot beatz (possibly interested)
  3. tikecsvt
  4. turbo fox - PAID - Delivered
  5. starjammir - PAID - Shipped
  6. tigerbalm - PAID - Shipped
  7. n2n20
  8. muntus - PAID - Shipped
  9. skatergv - PAID - Shipped
  10. RobFresh2SVTs - PAID - Shipped
  11. piperpilotduane - PAID - Shipped
  12. NorMich99SE
  13. Oldsalt - PAID - Shipped
  14. bigsexy1warehouse
  15. irish pride - PAID - Shipped
  16. CSVT2000 - PAID - Shipped
  17. Matty K - PAID - Shipped
  18. Phoenix33
  19. Brent372 - PAID - Shipped
  20. turboman57 - PAID - Shipped
  21. OPEN
  22. OPEN
  23. OPEN
Waiting list:
24. zukgod1
25. csvt_2004

There are more people interested than there are sets available. if you are interested i will add you to the waiting list. the people on this list get first priority. if you are not on the list, you will have to wait until the end of the group buy and if i have extra, you can buy it. if all sets sell and there is still enough interest, i will buy more material.

payment:
I accept Paypal, money orders, and bank checks.
if you are paying with Paypal i DO NOT ACCEPT CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS!!!

if you pay with a credit card, it will be rejected by me.

my paypal address is elky83 at comcast dot net
please remember to include your screen name with your paypal payment.

if you are paying with a check or money order, PM me for my address.

all sets are shipped out using USPS priority mail and usually arrive within 3 days of shipping.
most of my shipments will go out on saturdays, unless i can get to the post office during the week.

any questions?

oh and dont forget......
NO CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS!!!

Wanted to post a little more info about the mesh.
it is arriving in a box 8x12x12. it is rolled and can be unrolled very easily, so any waves in it can be worked out by hand. please be careful handling the mesh, it can be very sharp. the mesh is coated with oil from the manufacturing process, i wiped off the majority of it, you will have to do a final cleaning before installing.

there is a good side and a bad side to the mesh, i rolled it up with the good side in. the good side is smoother than the bad side.

Last edited:
I can do that.
unless you want it shipped...

Edit: I have added some more info to the first post.

Last edited:
Here's a thread with a bit of discussion on how Elky's is done
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=15786

Also here's a quick quote from another thread that summarizes
well the lower and rear mesh are pre cut so all you do is slide it onto the tabs.

the oval - you seperate the trim ring from the base and put the mesh in the middle. you drill out and cut back the plastic welds for the trim ring then secure the mesh to the trim ring.

And also check out the older mesh how to. It's not specific to Elky mesh, but it's still helpful.
http://contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=38538
Open Aesthetics folder and then save copy of Mesh how-to.

Last edited:
Paid up!

Does anyone know if there's a difference in using a SE ring vs. a SVT? I'll go grab one at the boneyard to hack up, and I assume they're the same, but on these cars who knows....

Paid up!

Does anyone know if there's a difference in using a SE ring vs. a SVT? I'll go grab one at the boneyard to hack up, and I assume they're the same, but on these cars who knows....
they are the same other than the bars. I have been told the se grille is a lot harder to cut up than the svt and I did an se once, It is a big PITA because of how much cutting you have to do.

What he ^ said is right.
there is a lot more clean up where the bars meet the outer ring with the SE grill.

just a heads up for those of you that have paid or will pay this week. Your mesh will be shipped out on friday or saturday of this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back