• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

E Brake Light On

I haven't. I've been uber busy with school and that car show. And work of course. But work slows down this weekend for me, so I think Saturday I can get to it. It's not exactly urgent to me, but I do want to take care of it sometime lol One less light on hahahaha

It will only take you 5 minutes to check it. There is only 2 screws at the back of the console holding it in. Hell if your ebrake boot is not connected like mine then you should be able to see it that way.

I thought there are two other screws up front and you have to remove the side pieces up front, as well?

Well, in that case, I think I can look here soon lol

No the 2 up front are attached to the cup holder section. You will need to un-screw and remove your shift knob and carefully remove the ebrake boot.

Really? That's odd. The battery doesn't seem like it's dying.

Neither did mine, until it just didn't start one day. When they're about to go they put out less voltage than necessary to run certain functions and wierd stuff happens. I lost ABS and my cruise control buttons stopped working too. New battery fixed all of it.

~Mike~

Video of what I'm talking about.

ALSO, when I start the car, after starting up, it sounds as if something is grinding. Kinda like, steel wool on metal. ONLY when it's cold outside. You can barely hear the sound unless you turn the volume up some. But anyways, here's a video.

[video]http://www.facebook.com/video/?id=551529063#!/video/video.php?v=10150314176984064[/video]

id say pull up the console & just disconnect the plug for the ebrake light. then it will turn off the light & you wont have to worry about it being on or dimming. & you will have 1 less light on like u wanted. its not going to effect anything if it unplugged just the light wont come on.

I'm telling you it looks like the switch....just pull the damn console up and look! If it's not pushing the pin all the way down it will dim and stay lit. Mine did the same thing a few years ago. You can push the pin down with your finger to test it.

I would agree with everyone that the switch should be checked out. The light should either be on or off, not inbetween. The light should come on with low fluid level or with the parking brake engaged. Otherwise I would suspect wiring or the battery as indicated. These cars do weird things with low voltage. often the wipers act up and the dash lights do weird things.

my ebrake light on my turbo car does the same thing but the ABS light is also illuminated aside from my abs module being crap it might be a dirty sensor in the resivour.

my ebrake light on my turbo car does the same thing but the ABS light is also illuminated aside from my abs module being crap it might be a dirty sensor in the resivour.

Have the ABS code run, if it's a C1095 you might need a new battery too lol

~Mike~

Make sure you're charging system works properly.
Some random lights of mine come on, like the parking brake light, when my alt is not providing enough power.

Sure you might say no way my battery light doesn't come on. Is your battery light and the sensor working?

Good luck!

Charging system works fine. Alternator replaced 2 years ago. Everything works as it should with the charging system and the lights on the dash

Back