• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BAER Track Plus

CSVT1214

Addicted CEG'er
UPS brought me a nice surprise today after work. The SVT is coming out to storage this weekend so I should get these mounted up soon. The stock brakes need to go bye-bye!

DSCF2984Medium.jpg

DSCF2991Medium.jpg

DSCF2995Medium.jpg

DSCF2998Medium.jpg

DSCF3005Medium.jpg

DSCF3010Medium.jpg

DSCF3016Medium.jpg

Awesome. The downside is the unpainted/PC'd part of the caliper isn't going to look pretty for very long. Ppl should do the upgrade.

Todd is right, they won't look good for very long. Send them my way if you want, I can make them puuurrrrdy :drool:. I have rebuilt soo many of them it is crazy:crazy:.

Todd is right, they won't look good for very long. Send them my way if you want, I can make them puuurrrrdy :drool:. I have rebuilt soo many of them it is crazy:crazy:.

Yeah, I had a feeling they wouldn't last like that for long. They already have a few marks on them just from shipping. I may have it powdercoated at Aircougar Performance along with my rear calipers to match.

How about the brackets (not the black mounting brackets)? Should those be done as well or is it just the caliper that needs to be done?

You could get away with just the caliper body being done. The zinc plating, or whatever that is, should be good for awhile.

The zinc plating on the rotor face itself will be gone within minutes of driving and will rust with exposure to water. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that. Definitely get the other bits PCed though to maintain there appearance. Very nice looking kit. :drool:

Can't tell you how much time I've wasted repainting mine. Time to do it again. Sigh. The cost of PC will pay in spades.

The zinc plating on the rotor face itself will be gone within minutes of driving and will rust with exposure to water. Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about that.

You could always sandblast the rotor, prime, paint, and clear. Then bring them in to have them turned; taking the paint off the pad surface, but leaving it on the outside and inside surfaces of the rotor. This will prolong the appearance, but again...unfortunately the pad contact surface is always susceptible to rust.

You could always sandblast the rotor, prime, paint, and clear. Then bring them in to have them turned; taking the paint off the pad surface, but leaving it on the outside and inside surfaces of the rotor. This will prolong the appearance, but again...unfortunately the pad contact surface is always susceptible to rust.

you cannot turn two-piece rotors (or one piece baers for that, but i know todd has turned his and hasnt had any problems)

Awesome. The downside is the unpainted/PC'd part of the caliper isn't going to look pretty for very long. Ppl should do the upgrade.

I am happy with my FSVT brakes, thank you berry much. But those have to have awesome braking power.

STOP!!! Dont do anything else. Put them in the box....... and ship them to me!!!:drool::drool::drool:

Back