• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Diff or Clutch?

at my neighbors we bought one for $100 and it didn't last very long. Maybe it was just a random defect in that particular one, but it let the engine down on his leg. Just trying to keep everyone alive here.

Update:

Turns out it was the bearing inside the clutch that was toast, the internal springs had also failed. When we pull the trans from the motor there were little metal springs everywhere.

Put the new stage 3 unit and alum flywheel in. I dont know why you guys always complain that this setup is brutal... this car is so easy to drive... you guys need help. Go drive a Mustang with a puck clutch and see how that goes...

And as for the cherry picker, i got a good one for 200 bucks, regular it was like 360 from princess auto. it folds up and its really high quality.

Update:

Turns out it was the bearing inside the clutch that was toast, the internal springs had also failed. When we pull the trans from the motor there were little metal springs everywhere.

Put the new stage 3 unit and alum flywheel in. I dont know why you guys always complain that this setup is brutal... this car is so easy to drive... you guys need help. Go drive a Mustang with a puck clutch and see how that goes...

And as for the cherry picker, i got a good one for 200 bucks, regular it was like 360 from princess auto. it folds up and its really high quality.

um..... bearing inside the clutch.... interesting.

Back