• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Derek

I like those HHRs, but rumor has it (from Motor Trend) that they will make an SS version with the turbocharged ecotec. That would be worth waiting for.

yeah - thats one of the only things I dont like abou the HHR, basically no power. I went to the dealer the other day and at least for 07 there is no turbo/sc option. so . . .

I went to the dealer the other day and at least for 07 there is no turbo/sc option. so . . .

Wonder if its like how Ford told me there were no plans of selling the ZX5 Focus, then six months after I bought my sedan they showed up on the lot.

yeah - but I cant wait that long. Unless some one knows of a cheap car I can buy until I can buy a nicer one next spring or so.

I just checked out the Mazdaspeed 3 on the Mazda website.
Wow. :drool:
I bet that thing is an absolute HOOT to drive. :crazy: But, is it more fun than, say, a new Miata? (I really liked my test drive in the new Miata. :D )

I will most certainly be checking a MS3 out when I'm officially in the market. It's not a sedan, Scot, but it's just as (if not more) functional.

ok update of the most unfriendly kind:

I dont have the fundage ot get a new car right now. Poop!

Anyway - so I need a cheap car to drive until spring when I can get a new car.

By cheap I mean under 4000

help!

hey I loved my SHO....I miss it. I don't know if I would buy another just because some of the horror stories, but mine was great.

have you perfected that turbo kit yet?

What kit? I got a half cut from an Aristo in Japan and transplanted it in. Then, I removed the ceramic twins and converted it to a single turbo with all upgraded intercooler piping, core and 3" stainless exhaust. I dyno'd last weekend with only an AFC. I can't turn the boost up past 14 due to a factory boost cut that I need a controller for. NBD it's $60. So on 12.5psi I did 325hp and 323tq through an auto trans and rear wheel drive. I'm just knicking the efficiency range of this turbo. I can turn it up to about 16-17psi on pump gas so I'm expecting something around 400 wheels when completed.

All this talk about sports sedans, and no one brings up the SRT4! doh! I know it's not really a "sports sedan" but hey, it's got 4 doors and tons of turbo power. :shrug:

congrats on a new wife, house and the job!

Last edited:
ive thought about an SRT-4

yours even convinced me to look more than a second at an attack neon.

but most people want way too much for theirs.

I think I may have found the solution to my problem. What problem you ask? My wifes family own a Chevy dealership in Madison Wi. Therefor she is fanatically loyal to the enemy. I know - its tough to bear, but she wants me to by a bowtie. Im not too keen on the idea, but its just a car, so I think I found the one I want:

Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2

248hp Tosen limited slip 18"s intercooled supercharger etc etc.

I want one in blue.

4 door Cobalt SS?? Didn't know they did that. Or are you getting the coupe? Either way, it should be a fun car. slow :) j/k, I had to get that in there.

coupe . . .

and stage 2 is actually 250 whp. . . or so GM performance parts says . . . - so I think I would be ok

Bah...... a GM!? ::Looks at the Chevy in my sig..... :: Eh-hem, anyway.... if your inlaws own a stealership...... it'd be very hard to pass up a true family deal on one. Not to be rude and bring up the price, but I'm sure you'd be able to get one HOOKED up with all the go-fast goodies for a wicked deal.

No killer deal on an SSR on a lease return?? ;)

ssr? no thanks. lets just say I'm hoping for a discount - but I'm also after one of the rarer chevys. the g85 stage 2 cobalt isn't the most common car they make. . .

Back