• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Derek

Horse

CEG'er
Come back . . . .

I need to find you and ask you car questions

Yes folks - I am looking for cars again, I just got a new job as an engineer at Orbit irrigation and I am looking at buying a house in layton

Thanks guys - yeah new wife, new job, new house (under contract) and well - basically new everything right now!

I need suggestions on a new or newish car. I would like factory warranty and 4 doors. WHy I originally started this thread is that I was looking into an xA - but I think I have nixed the idea based on lack of ability to hit 60 before running out of watch battery . . .

seriously folks - sports sedans - throw me a friggen bone!

Sport sedan

Sport sedan

The one car I am very interested in is the new Civic SI 4 door. 197hp, 4 banger gas mileage, I am so going to test drive that when it comes out, starts at 21k for a brand new car. Also, SRT4's are way down on price. I found a 2005 with 12k miles on it for 19k. It was sweet looking but my wife says it looks like a 4x4, so she said I would have to lower it !

Of course there is the normal M3, Mazda 6 is quick, and the Altima SE-R, but thats closer to 27k and to find one used will take a lot of looking. Those are my 4 cents. -B.

Just make sure its a self shifter, AUTO's SUCK !

im going to try and finance around 18K and have about 3000 in cash - so I guess round 21K

I have only been looking at the MS6, SE-R and very recently the Legacy GT

Since you looked at the xA, did you actually drive one?
Honestly, if you drive one (5 spd) you'll be surprised w/ the pep. It's not fast, not even close, but my xB has been very adequate.

Other 4 doors - Maxima, Mazda 3 (I love the 5 door), MS Protege (hah!), Legacy. My folks just bought a 4 door 4 cyl 5 spd Accord, and they're happy with it.

Congrats on the marriage, too! You sure did work fast...6 months and you're married. I'm workin' on 6 years! (BTW, 3 weeks 'till I tie the knot)

How about an s60R? They may be a bit higher than that. I like the Altima's and the Legacy GT is fast and pretty nice...a little understated for me though.

Cars

Cars

Car&Dirver boooed the Subi. saying that you should save your money. I have not been in a new Legacy, so I cant say anything else then what I read. Good luck on the purchase, whatever it might be. -B.

Scoobie- Not a bad choice
MS6- another good AWD contender
MS3- Considered it? You might want to.
Regular 3- I really like them (hatch). Good gas mileage, aftermarket if you want it.
Tc- If looking for a nice cheap car, I would take a look at these. I like them.

There are literally tons of options these days, especially in the low 20s. If I think of any other good ones Ill chime back in.

MS3 - too late to market - this is a next week sort of thing.
MS6 - still debating - for some reason im not sold yet.
Scooby GT - too much $$
S60R - out of warranty = headache
reg 3 - no thanks
xA - prob not, dunno why
HHR - thinking about it . . .

Im hopelessly lost right now

I actually like the looks of the HHR. Don't know anything about it, though...I can't see myself buying a Chevy. :blackeye:

OMG please do not buy an HHR. Or a PT cruiser for that matter.

What about an element? I disliked those until I actually went and got in one, now I really want one. Very cool car. You could even get one of those a couple of years out and not worry about it (Honda). Can get AWD too.

I didn't get an Element 'cause it was more money for less options. I would have loved the AWD, but the lack of amenities (CD player, ABS, etc) would have bugged me. You could get into a used and loaded Element for a good price. Plus, if the wife thinks its "cute" it doesn't matter how good the car is...it's cute.

P.S. Anyone want a beetle? It's actually for sale. :) (secretly doing the banana dance)

Back