• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Daytona Coupe progress

All the lights are in and working, tranny tunnel is finished, quarter windows are on, gonna try to finish dash and switch panel tonight.
2011-04-19_19-10-22_212.jpg

Time to install the "disturbing the peace....pipes!"

That last pic is by far the best one so far, can't wait till your co-worker who's a professional photographer takes the final pics, should be AMAZING!!!

Pipes are on, they're painted with some new Rustoleum super high temp paint I just now found. It sprays and covers a lot better than VHT plus its semi gloss instead of flat white like VHT.
sidepipes.jpg

Removable top is done for the tranny tunnel. 1"x1" aluminum angle covered in CF vinyl.
tunnel.jpg

Rear hatch is in, just waiting on the rest of the screws to get here.
hatch.jpg

Got the front end set up last night -.5 camber, 6 deg caster and 1/8th toe in. Gotta pull the shocks off and check bumpsteer now.

Pics make this thread worth checking in on all the time, you never know what you'll see! I can't wait to see the pics from the Dragon when you go out there pretty soon. Maybe a video to go along with it?

Yeah I thought about those too, but remember it rains everyday during the summer here in TN. I dont plan on driving in the rain but your never know when you may get caught in it.

Well strike three on the windshield installation. Called three seperate places and no one wants to do it. Just ordered the trim for it, looks like I'll be doing it myself this weekend.

Well strike three on the windshield installation. Called three seperate places and no one wants to do it. Just ordered the trim for it, looks like I'll be doing it myself this weekend.

I used to own a windshield company. Here are a few pointers:

1) Heat the urethane on a defroster for about 10 minutes so it flows better. Any type of heater can do the job, the defroster is easiest.
2) Cut the plastic pointer at an angle and so the bead is about 1/2 inch wide. Start the bead on the bottom corner or middle and lay a nice even amount until the can is gone.
3) If you have to start a new can push back and over the most recent bead so it forms a better seal.
4) Have special cleanning rags designed for urethane or you will make a mess that you cannot clean up. Urethane is bad azz stuff, once dry you can pick up a vehicle by it's windshield.
5) Have someone help you set the window in the opening. Have at least 4 sets of disposible rubber gloves. Nobody can get their hand out of the way quick enough and they all have urethane all over their hands.
6) Lightly tap the window once set with an open palm of your hand about every foot or so. Make sure you don't have a ring on that hand. Don't move the vehicle for at least 2 hours.

Dash is in and finished, all the electronics still work amazingly. Pics later, seats and bellts going in tomorrow, windshield friday. Then REGISTRATION!!!!

Back