• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Daytona Coupe progress

Words can't describe how the car looks Josh... I'd say "awesome" would even be an understatement ;) Why is there a duct on the driver's side front fender and not a matching one on the passenger side? Does it have Koni's on it to go with the sticker :laugh:

I was doing some reading recently about the "lost" prototype that finally was found about 10 years ago (CSX2287)... if that wasn't a bizarre story to go along with the car and its ownership I don't know what is lol. I had thought until doing the reading they originally made nine cars but found out they only made six in total. Hard to believe after the cars were retired back then there wasn't a lot of interest in them at the time... I'm sure its not that way nowadays with modern race cars with a winning pedigree.

Nice to see you're almost at the end of the road... now you can get out and enjoy the fruits of your labor. I hope to see and appreciate it someday in the near future :)

Shannon

The scoop on the drivers side was for a footbox vent on the originals, I don't have one but I laid the scoop on the hood and it looked too awesome not to put it on there and yes, it has Koni coilovers all the way around.

Got my numbers on finally, still not made it to the dyno.
hood3.jpg

rearend.jpg

Little update, been working a bunch still... been chasing a weird fuel pressure issue and vapor locking. Installed a fuel pressure regulator and dialed the pressure in to 6psi. Ran it awhile yesterday and the fuel pressure dropped to 0 on the gauge. Installed new gauge and the fuel pressure shows 7psi. Tried dialing it back and it wouldnt change. Took it for a spin and seemed to run fine, shifted into second and mashed it and blew the passenger sidepipe off the header. So Im going to get the custom exhaust made before it goes to the dyno. Evidently the stock glasspack sidepipes are so restrictive that it decides to part ways from the header instead of flowing the gas through it. Also have gotten back into RC car racing now that I have more time to mess with it. Starting racing a class called Vintage Trans Am. Any touring car chassis with a spec 25.5 brushless motor but only a select few bodies can be ran, they are all SCCA Trans Am bodies from 68- 71 series. I of course chose a sweet Boss 302 Mustang and painted it with Gurneys 1969 paint scheme.

VTA.jpg

Gurney4pres1.jpg

Cool, now we can finish that head! I've been thinking about getting back into RC. HPI makes a real nice scale Corolla in their True Ten or whatever it is.

Back