• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

custom projector headlights?

This bi-xenon does not move the reflector, that would over complicate the situation. It uses a solenoid to pull the shield down exposing more light over the cutoff line, effectively transforming it into a high beam.

Id love to see someone throw down the money for a set from him, considering I have 4 sets of those projectors sitting in my garage. They don't fit without cutting up the back of the headlight to accommodate the solenoid, or hacking up different areas to reposition the whole unit.

This bi-xenon does not move the reflector, that would over complicate the situation. It uses a solenoid to pull the shield down exposing more light over the cutoff line, effectively transforming it into a high beam.

Id love to see someone throw down the money for a set from him, considering I have 4 sets of those projectors sitting in my garage. They don't fit without cutting up the back of the headlight to accommodate the solenoid, or hacking up different areas to reposition the whole unit.

what are u saying?? hacking the back apart is a bad idea?? :laugh:

It is certainly less than ideal.... And the reason so many of milans lights had sealing issues. Its hard to seal up holes in the housing

Thanks for the clarification. Makes sense now since in you move the cut off shield down it will raise the light beam due to the lens.

Alternative options are good, but for those of you seriously in the market for projector headlamps Pud should be your one stop shop. He's done several Contour projector headlamp retrofits and has the process largely down to a science. Alex is very picky and at the expense of his own time, wont ship the final product until they are perfect. That's a rare work ethic for this kind of work. It's my observation that most places offering this kind of work "good enough" is the standard and they often get away with that as that's easy to justify when your modifying something radically from it's original design.

These retrofits are half engineering and half art. Projector retrofits are a very tedious time intensive modification and though this mod is NOT cheap (average $1000), your getting Alex's time/labor at chump wages. If anything, he undercharges to make this mod more accessible to CEG. I'm very satisfied with my Quad projector retrofit Alex did for me. You might save a few bucks hiring a production shop to do the work but I doubt their final product matches Pud's in function, quality, and appearance. Their not going to put the kind of time and effort Alex does into it, they would go broke if they did!

My $.02

Puds light are the **** and everyone knows it also. If someone didn't have the extra cash for pud's or didn't want to wait on him to get to them to make a set these would be an option. I need to contact them for a clarification on the process they use and stuff. I'll post when I find out the specifics.

Id love to see some more detailed pictures.

Ive got 4 sets of FX35 projectors.... they dont fit with the solenoid in tact as is. Id like to see what they cut, etc. (not that they wont work)

I dont know man, FX and my G have the same projector..I have not been impressed with it so far. My friends TSX still over powers my beam, makes mine look soo faded..Maybe an addition of clear lens would solve the problem, but still ya know..:blackeye:

Back