• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Corvette dyno...

JustinCSVT

CEG'er
I haven't been on here since around T-giving but I felt my post-CEG life needed updating. With the help of the shop on the dyno sheet, a few leftovers from my uncle's car and a bit of luck, I have a fairly fast car now. Too bad the car took all my money fixing the non-mechanical stuff. :laugh:

DSC00140.jpg

The car basically has full bolt-ons except for a ported TB. It does OK.

I would think that there are a few Contours on here that can turn just as well as the Corvette? :shrug:

I think that the Corvette has got the Contour beat in sound, dont know what yours sounds like, but there is a C5 Corvette here that sounds amazing. Dont know what all he has done to it though.:cool:

I would think that there are a few Contours on here that can turn just as well as the Corvette? :shrug:
It'd be very, very hard to make one handle like this thing, nearly impossible if you think about it just because of layout. The suspension on mine isn't bone stock either ;).

My old SVT had the Koni Sport kit and some sticky tires on it and it was quick on the backroads. The C5's balance is just so much better though. I'm running 275f/295r tires so the grip is way over what the Contour can make. I've had both on the same track, there's pretty much no comparison.

It doesn't communicate like the SVT though. The Contour is so easy drive fast. That probably the thing I miss most about it.

Nice car man...its nice seeing that thing put down those kind of numbers with bolt ons.

Picture of this car you have?

Longtube headers
Intake
O/R X-pipe
Z06 Titanium exhaust
EFILive tune

That's all.

Dumping the LS1 intake, adding LT's and a good tune is a move in the right direction. What intake, an LS6?

A cam like the tried and true TR224 and some 243/799 heads would kick you well over 400 HP

Dumping the LS1 intake, adding LT's and a good tune is a move in the right direction. What intake, an LS6?

A cam like the tried and true TR224 and some 243/799 heads would kick you well over 400 HP
I didn't replace the intake manifold just the air intake(Vararam).

I really do need that LS6 manifold though. Went to the track and got into the 12's in pretty warm weather but it wasn't pulling up top like I thought it would.

So you dont think that there is atleast 1 Contour here that can handle as well as a Corvette? :shrug:

If not, then thats fine.

maybe the best handling contour in the world compared to the worst handling c5 in the world.

they are just totally different cars. the corvette has a lower COG, better weight distro, and puts a lot more tire on the road.

maybe the best handling contour in the world compared to the worst handling c5 in the world.

Good so we agree :) :cool:

they are just totally different cars. the corvette has a lower COG, better weight distro, and puts a lot more tire on the road.

Yes, but can a Corvette carry four people as quickly as the Contour :cool:, I kid I kid.:laugh:

Back on topic, to the OP, youve got a nice looking C5, with an amazing torque curve.

BUt but but its a SVT its meant to handle siily mx you should know better. A corvette is just a stupid muscle car with a leaf spring in the rear:rolleyes:

considering a stock C5 can only pull .92 Gs, and a stock SVTC pulls .90 Gs, its not a stretch that a decently setup Contour could handle with a C5. now the C5 is obviously going to have the advantage on corner exit where it can just put the power down, but in the corner the Contour should be able to keep up

Back