• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

contour svt vs srt-4

:rolleyes: That's Stupid. I will give you a $1000 lesson if you will meet me in Southern California.

you're the one that called me out... it's not my job to come to you simply because you have a big mouth.

since this race is never going to happen, stop wasting my time.

i see your level of wit matches your ability to back up your mouth. :zzz:

i'm done here. sorry to hijack the thread!!

contour99svt... feel free to pm me or start a new thread with claims you don't plan on backing up.

That's stupid. :rolleyes:

what yoou mean solid??? you mean if shift at right rpm or constant rpm?
i shift between 7200 and 7600 sometimes at 6800 depend how i feel the car that mean solid shift?
Yeah that is close...it just sounded like you eased into the shifts almost as though you were slipping, almost as though you were taking care of your clutch....

L8R

That's stupid. :rolleyes:

LOL wow, more words of wisdom from our new friend! When you call somebody out, be prepared to back up your smack talk. If you're confident that you'll beat Mx in a race, how about we start throwing out some 1/4 mile times. You don't have to drive to Michigan to do that! :idea:

Mark

LOL wow, more words of wisdom from our new friend! When you call somebody out, be prepared to back up your smack talk. If you're confident that you'll beat Mx in a race, how about we start throwing out some 1/4 mile times. You don't have to drive to Michigan to do that! :idea:

Mark

OK :rolleyes:

Man, I think I had one of the baddest contours out there and I could NOT have got a hole-shot on a new Mach1 mustang with an equal driver on street radials. NO WAY.
With drag radials, ya maybe. With a bad driver in the Mach1, ya maybe.
Now I might have walked him down in the second 1/8th mile though....woulda been doing that. I did that to many a Z28 and Firebird. lol
:cool:

but you in a non-FI'd contour....:eek:....I'm betting on the Mach1.

I beat a Mach 1.

Automatic...

I'm not the typical Contour either.

Typical times at our local POS track for a bolt-on manual Mach 1 is very low 13's. I don't see 99.997% of CDW-27's even being in the same league. Torque, RWD, and traction. 3 things we don't have. 2 things we'll never have!

i beat a manual mach1 that did a 12.7 (i've said this time and time again) with a shot of spray..... a built 3L N/A would be about the same. i cant understand how nobody has recorded a 12 second pass on a full bodied contour yet, its pretty sad!

lol tom, no i havent. however, i also have not been to the track with my car. i spent most of the first summer with it on a bad clutch, and i dont have a LSD. this summer it will be at the track. 12's? maybe. we'll see what i end up building. me beating a mach1? yup! my friend even has a video of it somewhere but we are having trouble finding it. i even let it catch up in 3rd and pulled back away..... i think there are a lot of bad contour drivers, and on the other end, there's too many that cant hook. i can hook if i need to.....

lol tom, no i havent. however, i also have not been to the track with my car. i spent most of the first summer with it on a bad clutch, and i dont have a LSD. this summer it will be at the track. 12's? maybe. we'll see what i end up building. me beating a mach1? yup! my friend even has a video of it somewhere but we are having trouble finding it. i even let it catch up in 3rd and pulled back away..... i think there are a lot of bad contour drivers, and on the other end, there's too many that cant hook. i can hook if i need to.....

i'll be calling BS on you holeshotting a mach1 on drag radials until i see proof. :help:

fyi... i'm not saying there aren't tours that are faster than a mach1 from a roll.... but not out of the whole.

i think you meant out of the HOLE. for one thing. second, that's fine. i know what i did, i was there. if i could find the video i would be happy to show you... lol.

i think you meant out of the HOLE. for one thing. second, that's fine. i know what i did, i was there. if i could find the video i would be happy to show you... lol.

yes, i meant out of the hole. you got me on that one. :rolleyes:

glad we got that all straightened out. enjoy your magical car.

Back