• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

contour svt vs srt-4

It sounds like you just need new control arms. That will definitely clean up some of the wheel hop, but not cure it altogether. Once those are replaced, you can go with a poly filled rear roll resistor if you haven't already, and even a front if you don't mind the possible vibration that some have experienced.

Mark

It sounds like you just need new control arms. That will definitely clean up some of the wheel hop, but not cure it altogether. Once those are replaced, you can go with a poly filled rear roll resistor if you haven't already, and even a front if you don't mind the possible vibration that some have experienced.

Mark

i need new control arms, struts, and the rear mount, i have Polyurethane Front Trans Mount Insert Bushing not installed , until i fix all the other problems , i will not drag till next year because i want to fix all and send my trainy to terry haines :D

Mark

Mark,

I had good control arms and poly inserts in the front and a good stock rear mount at first and my wheel hop was gone. I decided to fill the rear mount and add that to the list but when I did, it really wasn't much of an improvement to me. I mean when I compare it with the setup I just mentioned, there may have been a tiny bit of an improvement in launch, or maybe not, but the increase in vibration noise and general harshness definitely wasn't worth it IMO.

Did you really see a big difference with just the rear mount being filled?

Hey Tom, to be honest, I never filled either mount. In this case, I'm sort of speaking from the overall consensus here on CEG, and from following all of Pole120's group buys. People have really been talking up the rear mount, and that it's reduced their wheel hop down to little, if any. It was when they added the front mount, when they started experiencing the NVH. Maybe it's just a matter of having one or the other that reduces the wheel hop, and having both is obviously where the NVH comes in. I've got the Energy Suspension mounts, everything else is factory. I know how to control the launch to never have wheel hop. :cool:

Mark

Yeah, I'm sure you do. I agree, I also learned what it took to control wheel hop during the launch on my car. The inserts for the front mount just let me launch that way much harder I think.
Interesting. I bet the solution is to have one filled mount to control major movements and the other to damp some of the vibration.

If I had to choose, it would be a filled front mount because the stock one sucks so bad and the rear one is much more rigid and durable anyway.
So a filled front or poly inserted front, and a new rear mount along with good LCAs may just be the optimum setup for all around performance.

Yeah, I'm sure you do. I agree, I also learned what it took to control wheel hop during the launch on my car. The inserts for the front mount just let me launch that way much harder I think.
Interesting. I bet the solution is to have one filled mount to control major movements and the other to damp some of the vibration.

If I had to choose, it would be a filled front mount because the stock one sucks so bad and the rear one is much more rigid and durable anyway.
So a filled front or poly inserted front, and a new rear mount along with good LCAs may just be the optimum setup for all around performance.

I think that Phil (Unisys), has both filled. I will see about giving him a holla and posting what he says. Lori's Cougar is a prime candidate for it and we will be taking care of that next time it gets warm and we can head over to MS.

In watching the last YouTube, I have to question....just being a spectator....the same thing that a lot are starting to question. Again, thinking of several factors, I almost wonder if the shifts that you did could have been more solid both from launch and down the track.

Sweet run tho!!!! :cool:

lol. in the first vid it almost looks like his exhaust is falling off. nonetheless, it keeps with srt-4's nicely. i'd like to think i can launch hard, as i launched on a 04 mach1 that runs 12's on nitto D/R's and i was on 205 series street tires~! of course i juiced the hell out of it but that's beside the point.

did the mach know you two were racing? because there's no contour that's in the 12's right now, especially on plain radials. in other words, contours get horrible 60' times, especially compared to a rwd car with drag radials.

did the mach know you two were racing? because there's no contour that's in the 12's right now, especially on plain radials. in other words, contours get horrible 60' times, especially compared to a rwd car with drag radials.

:rolleyes:
That's stupid. I've owned a many of Mustangs on the drag strip. If you ever get your mustang fixed, let me know and I will teach you how to race. I only race at the track (no street racing).

That's stupid. I've owned a many of Mustangs on the drag strip. If you ever get your mustang fixed, let me know and I will teach you how to race. I only race at the track (no street racing).

cool. how much you want to go for? $1,000.00?

by the way, you have to remember that he said he hole-shot a 12 second mach-1 that was on drag radials, while he was on regular street tires.

I think that Phil (Unisys), has both filled. I will see about giving him a holla and posting what he says. Lori's Cougar is a prime candidate for it and we will be taking care of that next time it gets warm and we can head over to MS.

In watching the last YouTube, I have to question....just being a spectator....the same thing that a lot are starting to question. Again, thinking of several factors, I almost wonder if the shifts that you did could have been more solid both from launch and down the track.

Sweet run tho!!!! :cool:

what yoou mean solid??? you mean if shift at right rpm or constant rpm?
i shift between 7200 and 7600 sometimes at 6800 depend how i feel the car that mean solid shift?

by the way, you have to remember that he said he hole-shot a 12 second mach-1 that was on drag radials, while he was on regular street tires.

Hahaha, maybe if the Mach1 stalled. I agree, that's pretty hard to take as gospel. However, there are some bad drivers out there that own nice cars.

Sure, $1000 will be enough to cover your first lesson.

excellent. i assume you're driving a contour, right? :rolleyes:
Yes, the last mustang owner got offended and pitched a fit. I’ve never seen anyone so upset. He had a lot of trophies and didn't like to loose. I think he was German.

Yes, the last mustang owner got offended and pitched a fit. I’ve never seen anyone so upset. He had a lot of trophies and didn't like to loose. I think he was German.

good. bring your contour and $1000 to spring zing. you'd better hope you own the fastest contour known to man. :laugh:

Back