• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour SVT horn

Some one must have changed out my (single) horn because it's pretty loud. It looks stock (black or dark color) but when it goes off it gets your attention.
Karl

sorry for being a noob but i want to go pick up a new horn at autozone today so i looked under my hood but i cant find the horn, where is it?:help:

sorry for being a noob but i want to go pick up a new horn at autozone today so i looked under my hood but i cant find the horn, where is it?:help:

Mine single horn was on the drivers side, if you pull the black plastic cover off that is on the bottom right behind the front bumper, and look up at the frame rail on the outside in the front.... you should be able to see it... like it would be right below the fuse box in the engine compartment if you were to put it in perspective of area...

Mine single horn was on the drivers side, if you pull the black plastic cover off that is on the bottom right behind the front bumper, and look up at the frame rail on the outside in the front.... you should be able to see it... like it would be right below the fuse box in the engine compartment if you were to put it in perspective of area...

k thanks, ill check it out tomorrow when i get home from school and ill maybe go pick up a horn. what are the stock contour horns. i saw that they have high tone, low tone, and dual tone, what do they all sound like. i want something different then the stock so dont i need to get the dual?

it is directly "behind" the foglights on an SVT. remove the screw that hold the lower air dam to the car. (bottom plastic piece that runs across the front bumper.)

:help: need help, so i bought dual horns but how the heck to you wire/ install them with only one plug from the stock horn. i dont no anything about wiring so pictures or something would help. thanks

That would be one of the easiest wiring jobs, even if done neatly. This is what I did for my second set (remember I have quads). You need the following materials: 1 male spade crimp connector, 2 female spade crimp connectors, 12" of wire (I don't remember the size but about 12 gauge. You probably only need about 6" but have some to spare.), shrink tubing, if you are a neat freak. Disconnect factory connector at horn. The male spade connector will connect to it. Mount new horns. Determine length of wires needed to reach from factory connector to horns. Two wires, joined as a "Y" at the male spade connector. Female spade connectors at the new horns.

Basically, you create a split from the old horn connector to the new horns.

any pics of these male and female parts:crazy: :cry: :eek: :shocked: :confused: :shrug: :help: :rolleyes: :blackeye:

anyone want to make me a split thing for dual horns for what ever the cost is, i cant do it on my own

Get a an old set of Cadillac horns... they are very distinct.

Here's the sound from inside the car...

And outside, close and far...

Those deep Caddy horns carry for a long way.

About the only thing to get more respect is an air horn from an air brake equipped truck or train. I know I like to honk the air horn in our International bucket truck at girls... scares the crap outta them (and just for fun, I tell the new guys that it makes their panties wet).

Last edited:
Get a an old set of Cadillac horns... they are very distinct.

Here's the sound from inside the car...

And outside, close and far...

Those deep Caddy horns carry for a long way.

About the only thing to get more respect is an air horn from an air brake equipped truck or train. I know I like to honk the air horn in our International bucket truck at girls... scares the crap outta them (and just for fun, I tell the new guys that it makes their panties wet).

LoL, those horns remind me of boats when I use them.... We have to honk horns when entering and exiting our bays.... caddy's always make me think of boats.... :)

Back