• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour SVT horn

CSVTkid

CEG'er
just curious and havent seen any post about it but whats everyones thoughts on the tours horn. why is it so lame. it doesnt seem to fit with the car:shrug:

older models had duel tone horns.. the reason the horn sounds so "lame" is that you are hearing a single tone on yours.

you can recontent the factory dual tone horn, or you can buy some "hella" dual tone horns, etc, from autozone for 30-40 dollars, I believe.

yeah... unplug your old one.. plug in your new one..

or wire in an air horn from a TRAIN and a small canister/pump on a relay to the horn feed and REALLY scare someone.. Its LOUD.. haha.. trust me.

haha! i was gonna post about horn blasters! the only problem is that you need a HUUUUUGE compressor in the back

so if i wanted to get one at autozone are there sizes or a brand that will fit on the contour?

it has to be a "horn" brand, and an "any size", size.

:D

the EASIEST way is to remove your stock horn and take it with you, simply to make sure the connections are the right shape/size.. other than connections, horns are pretty much universal.

it has to be a "horn" brand, and an "any size", size.

:D

the EASIEST way is to remove your stock horn and take it with you, simply to make sure the connections are the right shape/size.. other than connections, horns are pretty much universal.

ha k thanks sorry for being a noob but the contour is my first car and im new to all of this

haha! i was gonna post about horn blasters! the only problem is that you need a HUUUUUGE compressor in the back

got that part covered x2:laugh:

besides compressors are small its the tank that takes up space

Last edited:
I allways thought the Contour/stique horn was pretty good, nothing compared to the Model A or the old Coug.

Hell of a lot better then my parents Asian cars.

Nezer... someone must have switched out your horn then! Mine sounded like it belonged in a Geo Metro.... and was so embarrassing that I never used it.

I currently have this (like many CEG'ers):
http://store.classicgarage.com/he-85104.html
classicgarage_1964_64658116

Although.... these look nice. I may have to test them out:
hella001%20003340.jpg

The differences between those two:

Top: Around $28. 110 decibel and 400Hz/500Hz
Bottom: Around $58. 118 decibel and 300Hz/500Hz

Nezer... someone must have switched out your horn then! Mine sounded like it belonged in a Geo Metro.... and was so embarrassing that I never used it.

IDK it ws the same as the stique, so either I'm crazy, or both of my cars had new horns installed.

yes either grab yourself a matched set from a pre98 or get the hella or fiamm freeway blasters, all are better then the sing horn.

actually if you find a pre98 all you need to do is get the passanger side horn, the drivers side should be the same as the one that came on the car.

Back