• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Rear BBK Installed!!!

How did you go about shaving down the pads? How did you do the rotors also? The auto parts stores still do them here, is that an option?

For the pads I'm not sure if an auto parts store would do them, but either way, make sure they a ground flat. I've seen people do them on pedestal grinders, and end up with an uneven surface.

For rotors, most auto parts stores will, unless they are drilled/slotted. Most stores are afraid they will chip their cutting bit, but in reality, if they have dampening clamps on the drilled rotor it works very well. For this reason I normally send people to a full machine shop with a grinder style lathe that isn't as delicate as a normal cutting bit lathe.

Looks good, what upgrade is this then? is it still the standard rear calipers??

@davey h

This kit allows you to use the Focus SVT 11.9" front rotors on the rear of the Contour... You retain the use of your stock rear calipers, which means you can still use your e-brake.

Brilliant thanks for that, how much is this kit and where can i get it from please? ( as long as it could be shipped to the uk or to florida to my dads house and then he could sort shipping out to the uk) And sorry but what is an e-brake?

Many thanks Dave.

Brilliant thanks for that, how much is this kit and where can i get it from please? ( as long as it could be shipped to the uk or to florida to my dads house and then he could sort shipping out to the uk) And sorry but what is an e-brake?

Many thanks Dave.

hand brake / emergency brake

Ok guys, had a few PMs about this so here it is: Milan has a mountain of these kits for sale, so YES they are available and ready for delivery. But due to the forum rules on here, you will have to contact him directly. He's given me permission to give his contact to those interested, so if you like you can PM me.

That said, this has NOTHING to do w/CEG, or myself. I am just a reluctant messanger trying to help out. The brakes on our cars are truly sad, and that said, why not help spread the technology of this truly awesome upgrade...

Back