• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Contour Rear BBK Installed!!!

There was no turning the rotor on this kit ... Simply install the relocation brackets and the rotor, and them machine/shave down certain parts of the caliper bracket.

As for the price, I believe the kit is less then a 100 bucks, without the rotors. That is about 50 bucks less then the NPG kit. Again, I am not sure what he wants for them. Get a hold of him on Facebook, work something out.

http://www.facebook.com/milan.m.filipovic?ref=profile

Can you PM me his email, as I don't do Facebook/myspace?

Looking good. Should have at least shot some paint on Milan's so they didn't look like Ronald McDonald. :/ Hope you guys can tell the difference. Car seemed better balanced with the 13" Baers on the front of mine.

Yeah, I've got an unopened red, brush on caliper paint kit for Milan.

Yeah, I've got an unopened red, brush on caliper paint kit for Milan.

He's going to paint them that same Yellow as the caliper bracket is painted..... We put his Black powdercoated ASA AR1 wheels on earlier, and he likes the contrast of the yellow and black. Do you have anything to give to me? ;)

My kit is being shipped tomorrow. Did you guys use new brake pads? When I put my NPG kit on the LX, I used new pads and that forced me to turn the CSVT rotors as it was impossible to get the caliper on :blackeye: I'd love not to need to turn the new FSVT rotors!

Both Joe and Milan used brand new pads and rotors. No need to machine the rotors... There is plenty of space in there for both. Just make sure you push the caliper Piston all the way back in. There is a special tool you can use, simply called the brake caliper tool. Looks like a little cube which you attach to a ratchet...

Awesome to see that you decided to buy the kit! Post up pictures one you have them on there. ;)

Looks like its time to roll your fenders :cool:

8-20-10011.jpg

NEVER! :laugh:

It's not rubbing in that pic - but now just a little tiny bit sometimes it will rub. I will just work on that bumper tab a little more :cool:.

So I haven't installed mine yet, but I'll get to it after I drop my 3L in the LX. I did want to say it is nicely made and was well packaged. For those that are on the fence about this kit, go for it! If you need good rotors for cheap, here is a link (choice of colored hub!):

DRT drilled/slotted FSVT rotors

Those are the exact rotors Milan has on his car, and the ones I will eventually install on mine... Awesome to see that you are building up not one, but TWO different Tours!!! Awesome man!

I started the install today, but couldn't finish as I do have to get the rotors turned down, as they are 2mm to wide to fit the new pads. I know I could just mill the pads, but I'd rather turn the rotors and not have this problem again when I replace the pads down the road.

So far the kit is well made, and bolts right up with out issue!

Did you shave the inner sides of the caliper brackets yet? The pads fit fine, it's the caliper bracket that needs the work. Once that is done, there is about 1-2mm clearance between the rotors and the pads. Hope you have not turned the rotors yet...

If you are running non-oem pads, they may be thicker than the stock ones. Hawk pads are too thick and require rotor turning or shaving down the pads.

^^^True story....I had to shave my brackets and my hawk pads with my csvt fronts in the rear NPG kit. Looking to do this setup soon...trying to find a deal on Cobra calipers.

Well, if I were to choose between shaving the pads or the rotors, I would rather do the pads...

I'm using EBC red stuff rear pads, and I did have to have the rotors turned 1.75mm total, to make the pad & caliper fit. The final thickness of the rotor is 22mm to fit EBC pads.

I bought zinc coated rotors from gomach1....so NO way I was cutting the rotors down and losing the coating (its just zinc.....it will still eventually rust...but its staying pretty nice so far after 3 months on my daily OHIO driven car). Shaved my pads down...and thats the way to go if you got coated rotors....since the pads dont use the whole rotor surface.

That's why I painted the unused part of the rotor surface with silver caliper paint.

Back