• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

Checking Interest on LIM MODS

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
so... if i wanted to use this with my '98 i would need to buy you fuel rail kit ??so thats 400 total? does that include shipping ??
and my '99 just the lim at 325 ?? no fuel rail ???
just making sure.
do you have any pics yet? getting kinda confused.
thanks

Last edited:
so... if i wanted to use this with my '98 i would need to buy you fuel rail kit ??so thats 400 total? does that include shipping ??
and my '99 just the lim at 325 ?? no fuel rail ???
just making sure.
do you have any pics yet? getting kinda confused.
thanks

Now if you already have returnless style car you will not need any fuel rail mod since all you have to do is plug it in to the oval port returnless fuel rail.

99 n 00 tours are returnless i believe. Somebody check that. Not sure about shipping tho...

$400 seems pretty steep. Considering you can get an entire 3L for the same price. I was hoping it would be half that price.:shrug:

Yeah - I'm not even sure that this would work with my setup - my far has a custom build fuel rail to work with the 3L stuff...

Joey,

Will your LIM work without your rail adapter for those of us who already solved the problem of running a return line on a returnless rail? In other words, if my custom, return rail fits under a 2.5 UIM, can I still use it?

Well the problem with the SVT fuel rails is you can't use then because a true oval port needs to be injected dead center and if you tried to move over the fuel rail to make it center the fuel rail falls off the end of the LIM on the oval port.

What does someone charge for the conversion on the heads I heard of someone doing it for $300 labor welding in the ports and then grinding open the front to port match it. Now Do you plan on shipping your motor over to him no way right so if you pull the heads now you are in for more money. Head gasket kit is $150 then you need to buy more TTY bolts now you are up to what $500 without labor. Or you can spend $400 drop in do it yourself not modifications plus less time=money

Now if you are a mechanic already just do it yourself take your time seal off the heads for metal and use JB weld and spend three days doing it but my time is worth $200 a day since i can go to work and make that instead.

Remember you can do a full oval port swap using the plastic manifold for even less just buy my fuel rail mod and you only have $100 for the whole setup and modify your TB linkage, EGR, etc for just time

The flanges are without transitions are $200 consist of four 3/8 flanges with o-rings groove. The fancy transistions are milled down and I needed 6 of them for a intake then I had to mill out fuel injectors ports and make threaded bracket to mount the oval port fuel to the LIM. All this parts painted cleared and welded for $325.00

It no wonder why most aftermarket companies will not do R&D for this platform because we are comparing a engine used out of a wreck car consider to be scrap metal cost to them since they have so many engines for this platform to a well designed product to eliminate the time=money and fuel fires due to patch work jobs. I am not a fan of JB weld either when it comes to my motor I will weld it before I put a bonding components in harms way of the piston. I am making 15 manifolds and will be maybe making a limited supply if there is not profit in the parts. It funny how we spend $1400 for a set of ported and polished heads that can be done for nothing but time and patience for a 10-15whp with all the bolts on when you can just put oval port heads and never outflow them since out heads are already nicely built. We spend $200 bucks for MAF flow sensor that has no gains where our MAF will flow 32# a minute equal to 350hp but we spend it anyway. I have alot of interest in these LIM more pms that you think so people here are realizing the part real value is in the time= labor=direct bolt on not the metal it worth.

If money is the problem resort back to the taurus looking manifold and spend $100 and enjoy your new tapped power. Joey

Joey,

Will your LIM work without your rail adapter for those of us who already solved the problem of running a return line on a returnless rail? In other words, if my custom, return rail fits under a 2.5 UIM, can I still use it?

Yes since you have the oval port lower it will work perfect since the you have modified the fuel rail already (that is th price increase in the mod) we have no way around it if you have return system.

how much did you pay for your fuel rail brazing if you brought it to someone to do from scratch. My guess will be it will be as much as mine or more where mine is completly safe and easy less then 5 mnutes to install.

I'll be sending payment out here in a few days. As soon as I get payed. I have the returnless fuel system and a 3L out of a 02 ford taurus. Will the fuel rail work or do I need the one off the ford escape? Sorry if this has been covered...thread got kinda long to read back through.

I'll be sending payment out here in a few days. As soon as I get payed. I have the returnless fuel system and a 3L out of a 02 ford taurus. Will the fuel rail work or do I need the one off the ford escape? Sorry if this has been covered...thread got kinda long to read back through.

You will not need the my fuel rail mod since your single fuel line will bolt right into the 3 liter fuel rail. Lucky you or anyone here that has that returnless fuel system because that saves you $75

So just $325 you are set ready to go bolt it down in less then 20 minutes :)

Yes since you have the oval port lower it will work perfect since the you have modified the fuel rail already (that is th price increase in the mod) we have no way around it if you have return system

if ur 3L car is running right now, then u must've solved the taurus fuel rail issue. it should work.

Last edited:
if ur 3L car is running right now, then u must've solved the taurus fuel rail issue. it should work.

he had no issue in the first place since he already had the right fuel line setup for the returnless oval port engines just the pain the azz porting job and filling. Joey

No its not in the car yet sitting beside the car. Thats why I was asking if the taurus fuel rail was going to work.

how much did you pay for your fuel rail brazing if you brought it to someone to do from scratch. My guess will be it will be as much as mine or more where mine is completly safe and easy less then 5 minutes to install.

I had my rail done at the same time as the engine install, so it was covered under the time and materials agreement I had with my mechanic. I got a great rate. However, it did develop a leak later. Fixing it was not costly in terms of money, but the car was unavailable for a week while the rail was repaired.

As I said before, with all the fabrication required to use the 3.0 UIM, your LIM is well worth the money.

An individual port water injection can be pretty cool, but i can also have pretty bad results if a nozzle clogs. You might have a hard time noticing anything wrong while one piston melts to slag.

Also most people aren't running nearly enough power to make it worth it to inject that much water.

Just as a little water injection note.

IF your car is already a returnless system. IF it is a return style system and you just have the 3L returnless rail then you will need a mod to convert it but you won't need to buy a rail since you already have it.

An individual port water injection can be pretty cool, but i can also have pretty bad results if a nozzle clogs. You might have a hard time noticing anything wrong while one piston melts to slag.

Also most people aren't running nearly enough power to make it worth it to inject that much water.

Just as a little water injection note.

As I agree with the fact that it could be dangerous to the engine, wouldnt having the correct gauge help this. Wouldnt an intake temp. gauge infact be able to monitor the water injection?

I also find that water injection is not as streetable. Wouldnt you have to reflash the computer to switch to using it from a regular boosted application? Is timing involved or is it just a case of bumping the boost up to the appropriate level?

Are these available yet? I am confused, I saw the GB for just the fuel rail, but I need the whole setup....

The first protype is being built right now the parts are arriving today by tracking number. I will have it painted by tonite and I will post some pics. I am heading over to the aluminum outlet to pick up some blocks to make the fuel rail mod which is only needed for return style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back