• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check out my HID`s

So RICE is the wrong term. How about stupid, or pointless... Those work.

At least lowering a car adds some performance, putting 8000K headlights in a car is just stupid, might as well have painted your stock lenses blue and called it a day.

The only way to go is 4300-5000K and a projector retrofit.

man some ppl on the site are kind of rude. i mean really. u shouldnt say something is stupid about my car or anyone elses cuz its not really nice. i worked really hard to ge those hids and im really proud of them . i love the way they look. so lets all stop making a big deal over this. if i knew a unch of people were gonna have a fit over this , then i wouldnt of even posted it. but really everyone can try to be cool and keep it real. seriously

They are keeping it real. Some times the truth hurts

Yea for sure. Its my opinion, i understand that its money well spent, but it wasent spent properly. If you wanted Blue lights you should have just bought cheap Ebay bulbs. If you wanted performance lighting you should have done 4300K.

i have 8000k HID's and they may be more blue, but they're sure as hell better than the silverstar's that i had in there. It beats OEM lighting, i wouldn't go above 8000k, but it's still more output, and i've driven in heavy rain and it hasn't been any worse than using silverstar's or OEM bulbs. Just don't go above 8000k

i have 8000k HID's and they may be more blue, but they're sure as hell better than the silverstar's that i had in there. It beats OEM lighting,

I thought thats basically what I said. But some people are hard headed and just wanna say stupid stuff....

I wonder if he's experienced with HID's or even the installation of projectors...

They are keeping it real. Some times the truth hurts

Steeda, Goonz, myself and Tourige are spot on here because in this case, function is the most important thing, not form;) I hope you get yourself some PIAA 510's for driving in bad weather, seriously. We've all been proud of mods to our cars, even ones that didn't work out or flat out got the wrong ones. Is it possible to get a lower temp HID kit and sell off the one you got? HID kits aren't that expensive and honestly, you will not have a problem selling that kit, think about:shrug:

BTW, post some pics of your ride.

So roger....Should I sell my HID kit, then just use the glare off your head with my maglite to drive at night?

Alex, you've gotta get some new material or they'll never let you work at Chaplins again:laugh:

BTW, if you've got an 8K HID kit, sell it and put it towards the CSVT your wanting:idea:

Alex, you've gotta get some new material or they'll never let you work at Chaplins again:laugh:

BTW, if you've got an 8K HID kit, sell it and put it towards the CSVT your wanting:idea:

Yea, i have WAY too much i'm trying to take care of right now to really finding another svt. Once/IF i sell the rolla and what not, then i'll be looking into it.

I have 7500K GP Thunder Hi/Low/Fog. Sweet for night time driving... really lights up the road.... rain though isn't that great.... but it's not that bad.... I'd rather have these than stock ugly bulbs.... Every time I go down the road and see stock headlights in the other direction I'm glad I have my 7500's.... I hate stock headlights.... I like being different!

LOOK INTO MY EYES!!!

100_1914%20(Large).jpg

Steeda, Goonz, myself and Tourige are spot on here because in this case, function is the most important thing, not form;) I hope you get yourself some PIAA 510's for driving in bad weather, seriously. We've all been proud of mods to our cars, even ones that didn't work out or flat out got the wrong ones. Is it possible to get a lower temp HID kit and sell off the one you got? HID kits aren't that expensive and honestly, you will not have a problem selling that kit, think about:shrug:

BTW, post some pics of your ride.

Roger....Stay out.
It was stated that they were for aesthetic, and they still function better than any halogen bulb in the stock location. He wanted that blue color.

I called out toerags because he stated that something was stupid. Talking down to another member. People should be allowed to post their opinions, but not while bashing someone elses. Some people go for fashion before function.
Before bashing, please read the post.

To the original poster! The HID's look good man, how about some pics from further away. I too have 8000k HID's, now they aren't quite as blue as yours but they look damn good, and will blow away most any halogen bulbs. Don't worry about the people giving you a hard time, they do it to everyone, including myself. And tourige knows nothing about lighting, he doesnt have HID's, projectors or anything he is spouting off about. He just trying to jump on the cool ceg bandwagon.

To the original poster! The HID's look good man, how about some pics from further away. I too have 8000k HID's, now they aren't quite as blue as yours but they look damn good, and will blow away most any halogen bulbs. Don't worry about the people giving you a hard time, they do it to everyone, including myself. And tourige knows nothing about lighting, he doesnt have HID's, projectors or anything he is spouting off about. He just trying to jump on the cool ceg bandwagon.

Rawburt is a retard. Does that put me on the bandwagon?

So because i dont have HID's i dont know anything about them.. despite the fact that some of my friends have HID's, and i DO know what im talking about. So by your logic me not having a Cobra makes me know nothing about them...Seriously do you even think about what you type or do you just go ahead and press the post button?

There's a "COOL" Bandwagon here?

Back