• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Check out my HID`s

I'm fairly certain the Lincoln LS DIDN'T come with 8000K HIDs, more like 4300-6000K at the very most. Do a side by side pic and post here and you'll see how white the Lincolns are compared to your blues;) You might wanna get some auxillery driving lights for when you have to drive in the rain, may I suggest some PIAA 510's. Like you said though, its what you wanted, form over function and btw, how about pics of the rest of the ride:shrug:

All cars that came factory with HIDs were all rated at 4300K

... Its like a freaking epidemic.

weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif
weeeeeeeeeeeeee.gif

Can't stand 8000K, way too blue. And your headlights don't match your fogs. I like that mesh on SF though.

Can't stand 8000K, way too blue. And your headlights don't match your fogs. I like that mesh on SF though.

You don't need your fogs to match your headlights, way to expensive. I prefer to have them contrast each other, like what I did with my wifes ride.

HIDs and 2500K PIAA yellow fog bulbs (Japanese writing and all):drool:
image.jpg

Last edited:
Wheres them rims!?!

I like that look, of the HID's looks classy..

my 04 SVTF rims? if so they are mounted on the fuzions now...just waiting on a nice day to back her out of the garage and put them on. WE got pounded with snow last night. so im gonna wait a few days

haha its funny you say that becuase they do.. i have angel eye "halo" fog lights.(they just arnet turned on in the pics)they match very well with the hids when i have them on. but for some reason when ever i take pics of the angel eyes they dont really come out right thats why i didnt post that pic. Ill see if i cant take another one

I'm fairly certain the Lincoln LS DIDN'T come with 8000K HIDs, more like 4300-6000K at the very most. Do a side by side pic and post here and you'll see how white the Lincolns are compared to your blues;) You might wanna get some auxillery driving lights for when you have to drive in the rain, may I suggest some PIAA 510's. Like you said though, its what you wanted, form over function and btw, how about pics of the rest of the ride:shrug:

your right the LS did not come with 8000K`s my dad put them in himself. The HIDS werent an option untill the 03-07 models and like goonz said they were only 4300ks and those are much whiter.

The flash on the camera makes them look more blue then normal.

because your car is silver, you can get away with this a bit...

but come on... they're too freakin blue! :(

If you like em, then ignore me, but please... blue is ricey :(

and like goonz said they were only 4300ks and those are much whiter.

ahh but white is good for the road my friend, you will find out in time :)
It seems people want bluer HIDs to match those cars with projectors which give out the color in the cutoff that flickers blue and purple to on-coming traffic in certain angles..maybe :shrug:

5dadd9bf.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good :)

I have a 7000k kit in my Cougar, and it gives off that blue color also. I might switch over to a bulb that's more white.

Rice? Do you know what rice means? Last time I checked blue headlights were not a Race Inspired Cosmetic Enhancement. You might as well call lowering a car Rice too.

Aaron

So RICE is the wrong term. How about stupid, or pointless... Those work.

At least lowering a car adds some performance, putting 8000K headlights in a car is just stupid, might as well have painted your stock lenses blue and called it a day.

The only way to go is 4300-5000K and a projector retrofit.

So RICE is the wrong term. How about stupid, or pointless... Those work.

At least lowering a car adds some performance, putting 8000K headlights in a car is just stupid, might as well have painted your stock lenses blue and called it a day.

The only way to go is 4300-5000K and a projector retrofit.

Why is it stupid, especially since he said he was going for the aesthetics and thats the color he wanted?

I like 'em, I went 6000K on the Grand Prix and must say they are a hell of a lot better than stock. I can see the road much better than in any of my past cars. I live in the city, or did anyway, the need for super briht lights isn't really a necessity.

I think calling someone stupid for doing what they want to do, and not just not what everyone else tells them to do is......well......just about as fuggin stupid as you can get.

Steve

Why is it stupid, especially since he said he was going for the aesthetics and thats the color he wanted?

I like 'em, I went 6000K on the Grand Prix and must say they are a hell of a lot better than stock. I can see the road much better than in any of my past cars. I live in the city, or did anyway, the need for super briht lights isn't really a necessity.

I think calling someone stupid for doing what they want to do, and not just not what everyone else tells them to do is......well......just about as fuggin stupid as you can get.

Steve

I never called him stupid. I call 8000K HID's stupid.

Like i said, if he wanted them for looks he should have just bought "xenon" bulbs so they looked blue. Why spend the money when they achieve the same thing.. Blue light.

If he wanted performance he should have gone 4300-5000 simple as that.

I never called him stupid. I call 8000K HID's stupid.

Like i said, if he wanted them for looks he should have just bought "xenon" bulbs so they looked blue. Why spend the money when they achieve the same thing.. Blue light.

If he wanted performance he should have gone 4300-5000 simple as that.

I never said you called him stupid.

I stated from experience that my 6000K HIDs give of more light than any stock or aftermarket halogen could ever put out.

I stated he was more into aesthetics than performance.

Back