• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

cheap power?

D

devanmc

I have some plans to add HP and TQ to the little zetec sitting in my tour. I already have and intake and exhaust. The intake is the focus ebay, the exhaust is stock size with mufflers replaced with a glass pack. Next on the list is a UDP from ZXtuner. Is their anything else, that i may have missed that i can purchase that, cheaply, will add power to the tour?

a real exhaust. just replacing the mufflers but maintaining the stock size piping doesnt really do anything. you need to up the pipe size to either 2.25" or 2.5". the UDP is good but dont spend the money on one from zxtuner. just get one for the focus off ebay for ~$20-$30. with an intake, real exhaust, and pulley you should be around 125WHP. if you can find a header for a cougar it bolts on and that should net you some nice gains as well.

after that your either looking at FI or heads and cams. heads and cams are cheaper but wont net you the gains that FI will.

thanks, ill start doing my research on that stuff then

what are you running for a UDP?

something along these lines. thats not exactly what i have but its very similar. IIRC there are a few people that are using that one.

wow, i get to save a ton of money. Only wish i could find out its size. As zxtuner offered 3 different sized pulleys. iirc

Thats the same pulley im running...i havnt had any problems with it and it made the RPMS stay pretty high up top after you shift, and i noticed a little less bogging on launch

would you be kind enough to pull out the ruler and measure it?

i know the ration for money/HP is really good but thats still expensive. if i go that far with the car, i would call my friends dad and look at getting an eaton superchager

And nitrious isn't user friendly either.

Stick to UDP, CAI, and full exhaust, thats where most of the power is without breaking the bank.

That will not fit our cars. the only focus manifolds that work for us is the shorty 4-1 manifolds. even then you have to make up a custom downpipe to clear the oil pan.

I believe the cougar headers work as well. I plan on getting one of these after my headwork.

ahhhh... so why wont they work? Since it was mentioned that only shorty headers would fit our contours.

i never said the cougar header wouldnt work. in fact it is the best available option. what i said was that the only FOCUS header that works are the shorty 4-1 styles and you will have to build your own downpipe.

Back