• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

change rotors?

I'm sure your done by now. I know my fronts had allen and my rear had torx.

you are referencing two different things. the front slide pins are allen key, the bolts for the caliper bracket are just bolts. on the rear the bracket typically has torx bolts. the slide pin is a torx also.

you are referencing two different things. the front slide pins are allen key, the bolts for the caliper bracket are just bolts. on the rear the bracket typically has torx bolts. the slide pin is a torx also.

I should have clarified, I was referring to the slide pins. Which in this case he is taking the bracket off as well to change the rotors.

one more question id like to ask. when you change the suspension do you have to take off the rotors to do it or can you do it without it. If you can do it without taking rotors off then ill just change the rear ones now, but if you have to take them off ill wait.

I've always left them on other cars but it would give you some extra room to bring the strut straight out rather than wiggling and angling it out.

Back