• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Cars are fixed

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok well OB1 and his brother Tim came from Alabama today to help fix the cars. My black one had a rear drivers side leaking caliper, thats been replaced, and the rear passenger blinker has been fixed. On the silver car it was the axle, but as alot of you said that it snapped, nope it didnt snap, it wasnt pushed all the way in and locked into place, you can see in the pics the end is all shredded. Ob1 cleaned the hole out with a pen magnet and put the stock axle back in and its good to go. Now for the shop to buy me a new stage 2 axle. I am still taking Vader to sz though.

Both cars jacked up and ready for ob1 and Tim
trackandfixedpics007.jpg

trackandfixedpics005.jpg

Got my tag
trackandfixedpics006.jpg

The stage 2 axle
axle001.jpg

axle002.jpg

And my 2 cars and ob1's 3l
trackandfixedpics010.jpg

trackandfixedpics012.jpg

WooHoo!
Alabama to GA, that's what the CEG is all about. Nice job OB1 and Tim! :)

Yeah no doubt, they are awsome, and even brought me a pre-98 trunk lid for the 3l turbo (needs to be painted) and a aluminum 3l uim that I will get powdercoated. They are TRUE friends who helped in a clinch big time.

NO DOUBT Trey, I am leaving at 4am sharp to come and get you in Vader, be prepared to drive some brother!

Those are a spare pair cause the projectors are at Bagged's house getting re-done, I am picking them up from him at spring zing. The spares that are hazed to hell are gonna be given away at spring zing.

Looks like Rawburts headlights hu,lol sorry Rawburt I just had too.

I told you so! LOL! And you might want to add that axle issue was your shops issue not Stazi's since you added them. Why I learned to do all my work. Don't trust anyone.

And I owe you $10.00 Todras which you will get at sz, and I never said it was Stazi the car was 100% perfect when it left his house, this was my local shops doing, not his.

It has some leak out but not alot at all, maybe 1/10th of a quart, and when we pulled the axle it was jacked up pretty high so it wouldnt have leaked then anyways.

lol, did you throw the 19's on your black one ? thats funny, i'd probably do the same thing! :laugh:

oh, and I love the stance on OB1's car!

edit* just noticed, are the HL's on the SF pretty fogged up ? if so you should swap the clean ones off vader.... or then maybe he'd feel REALLY neglected. :shrug:

Last edited:
Can someone shed light on inserting the CV shaft? I have a similiar issue. The replacement is coming in tomorrow. Should you be able to push it in by hand?

lol, did you throw the 19's on your black one ? thats funny, i'd probably do the same thing! :laugh:

oh, and I love the stance on OB1's car!

edit* just noticed, are the HL's on the SF pretty fogged up ? if so you should swap the clean ones off vader.... or then maybe he'd feel REALLY neglected. :shrug:

No I had that 1 19 on there since I re-painted the inside of vaders wheel where the brake fluid ate the paint away, it was on there as a precautionary measure in case the jack failed.

Read the above post about the headlights, those are spares since the projectors are at Bagged's house getting re-done.

Can someone shed light on inserting the CV shaft? I have a similiar issue. The replacement is coming in tomorrow. Should you be able to push it in by hand?

Yes you should, OB1 pushed it in by hand and it locked right into place.

Back