• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Carlisle.. whos going?

I'm going !!!!:laugh:

Once again, I will be offering my Designated Driver services to all who overindulge (Ahem......cough.....Ryan......cough).:laugh:

If you're talking about "All Ford Nats".... I'll be there! It's a great event...even though I never place! :( Plus, I'm a new CEG'er, so I look forward to meeting some people and putt some faces to usernames!!
What I would really like to see, is for the "#2" SVT racetour to show up!! It would be awesome to have the full race version, not to mention #2, show up for everyone to see!

for the locals how is the Harrisburgh-West Hersey/Mechanicsburgh area to stay in? I have enough hhonors points to get a free hotel for the weekend but the Hampton Inn in Carlisle doesn't accept rewards points and the other hotels that are closest are in Harrisburgh.

Last edited:
I'm going !!!!:laugh:

Once again, I will be offering my Designated Driver services to all who overindulge (Ahem......cough.....Ryan......cough).:laugh:

Turns out sleeping sitting up in the back of a contour was more comfortable than sleeping on the ground...

I should be going... If I buy a house I don't think fixing the paint damage on the SVT would be a high priority anymore and I wouldnt want to show in the condition its in. It's depressing. But oh well

for the locals how is the Harrisburgh-West Hersey/Mechanicsburgh area to stay in? I have enough hhonors points to get a free hotel for the weekend but the Hampton Inn in Carlisle doesn't accept rewards points and the other hotels that are closest are in Harrisburgh.

Hershey is a bit far from Carlisle. I lived pretty much right across the river from Harrisburg and I had to drive about 25 to 30 mins to get to the fair grounds, but that doesnt include the heavy traffic once you get off the exit. Oh and take the turnpike. Its like $1 and is definitely worth it.

Mechanicsburg is rather close to the fairgrounds and is pretty nice to stay in. I can't remember if there is a Hampton Inn where i lived, there are about 6 hotels right off the New Cumberland exit. If so i suggest staying there as you aren't too far away from Carlisle but its very quiet there.

Ah i just saw you said Harrisburg-West which is New Cumberland, cant really go wrong there. Like I said you will have to drive a little bit more, not as much as a drive from Hershey, but just get on the turnpike (can get on right by the hotel) and go.

seems to be a hampton inn and homewood suites on the same street in Mechanicsburg. I don't mind a short drive if I get the hotel for free on rewards points.

seems to be a hampton inn and homewood suites on the same street in Mechanicsburg. I don't mind a short drive if I get the hotel for free on rewards points.

I live in the town next to Hershey and can vouch for ilive4sports.
If you can get into a hotel in Mechanicsburg you will be fine. The hotels in Carlisle go fast, so if you're going to try for there you should move quickly! I camp out in the back of the Fairgrounds. It's never packed and, in my opinion, it's the way to go! You're right there, don't ever have to worry about the designated driver.. :).... You can come and go as you please, night and day, and it's decently priced compared to hotels. You can tent too, and it's safe!! I look forward to seeing your work! Good luck making it down!

you all know that linda and i will be going! :cool: im pissed that i didn't get funkmaster flex to sign her when i met him. i'll most likely be staying at Hotel Carlisle again as long as thats where the ceg crowd is gonna be hanging out.

if dad and i get a jump on my 3L build in time, i'll try and come up again. i'll be pissed as hell if i cant go this year.... if i dont go, im deff driving the V up for GM nats. :crazy:

Back