• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

carbon fiber hoods! OEM!!!!!!!!!! style :)

jtidaho

CEG'er
i am currently wanting to start a group buy for carbon creations oem 1998-2000 carbon fiber hoods if you are interested please post and i will get a list going i need 10 or more thanks im going to buy 2 so go crazy :)

well ive been on this for a month or 2 i asked 1 company they sent me to extreme dimensions who then sent me to carbon creations... they want a verified list of 10 people or more before pricing and i said ill round them up i cant see more then 500 ea a hood if we have 10 or more.... for me the oem carbon was the best looking and tons of people agree! they are willing to do it they just want to know interest! the price only goes down with more people and thats what they told me. they are also going to be using a ford oem hood to make the carbon mold which will get rid of any fitment issues. i want no washer nozzles in my hood as i have modified and placed mine in the cowl

Did you guys ever try calling the company in the other GB thread? I'm pretty sure they had more hoods to sell... and at $330 plus shipping you'll be hard pressed to beat that pricing. Not sure if they would still honor the GB pricing though since it has been a while, but definitely worth a shot.

Call Aerokits at 1-866-360-5487, ask for Steve mention your calling about the Contour CF hood group buy. Worst thing that can happen is he says that deal is over :shrug:

Last edited:
ok so here is what we are looking at forthis group buy if anyone is in if we get more the price goes down

carbonfibercreations@hotmail.com
11:35 AM (11 hours ago)

to me
You would be looking at $848. per hood, if you purchase 10 hoods. Group buy means everyone pays 50% up front and the other 50% when the hood is boxed up and ready to ship via freight truck. Buyer pays shipping. I can look it up the shipping cost for each person if they provide a full shipping address with zip code. I can also modify the weave pattern or color to suit each buyer. I will not modify the lay up schedule unless extra $ is paid by that buyer. In other words if one person requests custom work.. they will be charged for it. For about the same price as $848 i can do colored carbon fiber options. We do blue/black, smoke yellow/black, dark red/black, black, and a couple other color patterns. Our delivery will be fast because we are not tied down doing a lot of work currently. We keep our shop neat and simple so we do not get in over our heads. Most carbon shops are back logged but do not tell you they are backlogged. I have heard of group buys on hoods where people wait forever to get their hood. This won't happen with us because we are a production carbon fiber shop. Meaning 95% of what we do is repeat parts. We have many years experience in carbon fiber manufacturing. People can follow their order progress via online or by calling in or emailing us anytime. We aren't the cheapest, but i assure you with carbon fiber you get exactly what you pay for. A $500 hood will probably last a year or two at most on a daily driver car.

carbonfibercreations@hotmail.com
11:35 AM (11 hours ago)

to me
You would be looking at $848. per hood, if you purchase 10 hoods. Group buy means everyone pays 50% up front and the other 50% when the hood is boxed up and ready to ship via freight truck. Buyer pays shipping. I can look it up the shipping cost for each person if they provide a full shipping address with zip code. I can also modify the weave pattern or color to suit each buyer. I will not modify the lay up schedule unless extra $ is paid by that buyer. In other words if one person requests custom work.. they will be charged for it. For about the same price as $848 i can do colored carbon fiber options. We do blue/black, smoke yellow/black, dark red/black, black, and a couple other color patterns. Our delivery will be fast because we are not tied down doing a lot of work currently. We keep our shop neat and simple so we do not get in over our heads. Most carbon shops are back logged but do not tell you they are backlogged. I have heard of group buys on hoods where people wait forever to get their hood. This won't happen with us because we are a production carbon fiber shop. Meaning 95% of what we do is repeat parts. We have many years experience in carbon fiber manufacturing. People can follow their order progress via online or by calling in or emailing us anytime. We aren't the cheapest, but i assure you with carbon fiber you get exactly what you pay for. A $500 hood will probably last a year or two at most on a daily driver car.

Well you can stick a fork in this GB, cuz its officially done. Over 800bux per hood + shipping??? Ha! In their dreams...!

yeah well every csvt oem carbo ive seen is fu'd up cause of low quality sh** its not doen for what has this world come to not wanting quality anymore? i dont get it...

yeah well every csvt oem carbo ive seen is fu'd up cause of low quality sh** its not doen for what has this world come to not wanting quality anymore? i dont get it...

Cegers want quality, no doubt about that. We just happen to prefer a bargain juuuuuust a tad more;):D. Besides, the one posted a page or two back for $300+ looks fine to me...

I tried a couple years ago to get a group buy on cf cowl hoods and it was a no go and even when I had them priced at $460 shipped or $710 for cowl hood/trunk.....people just won't spend over $400 for a contour hood these days...

So has anyone tried calling up Steve at Aerokits to see if they still have CF hoods left?? You guys may already have an opportunity to purchase an PEM CF hood for $330... I don't understand how there is still work to get another GB going... the work was already done people...

Back