• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Car dead...New car soon...TIBBY

MarcMiller

Veteran CEG'er
might as well start a new thread to talk about the new car im getting.

almost 80% sure im getting a hyundai tiburon GT. once i find the one i like in my area im going to buy it.

i looked up exhausts and an injen cai for it. the exhaust i like was the borla catback and i like the injen cai but couldnt find it for anything other than 03-04. im guessing they will fit into an 06?

anyone on here know?

find an injen cai on a site and post the link.

other than that what other mods do you think i can do on it...im sure i wont do stuff on it for a few months but i wanna mod it up alittle.
Tints will be done very soon.

looking to get silver with all black interior and a sunroof or black with same.
automanic GT dont wanna learn stick.

what do you think?:laugh:

i dont understand why you dont want to learn stick? Its much more fun.

otherwise, tibbys are decent enough i guess. As for mods, would you rather do performance or visual?

One of those crown air fresheners. I'd go slow and low with a Tiburon. They don't look half-bad with a body kit and some nice wheels.

UGHHH stop! Do not buy a Tiburon! (Sorry Bill) They are horrible cars. My ex has one and the clutch went out a few times (who knows how many more times in the past few years I hate that Bish!)
They are slower and handle worse than a STOCK SVT! Why not just get a Contour SVT?
If you want to get a 2door that is about the same power, get a Cougar.

You mean SVT Contour silly Bill. ;)

Let's face it, any vehicle out there has the possibility of having issues. It's a toss up if you end of getting one that is problematic or perfectly fine.

My advice, run a google search on the vehicle; search Tiburon recalls, etc. You can do that for any vehicle you are interested in to get an idea of quality/reliability and so on. Again, some have issues and some won't. It's better to be informed about a vehicle before you buy.

It took me about 35 miles to learn stick. That 35 miles was the distance from the dealers lot to my drive way. I never drove stick before either.

I learned on a Tiburon lol, then drove my stage 2 SVT Contour (there Christine!!!!) I dunno why I am moody today for some reason UGH!

i dont wanna learn how to drive stick and then realize i dont like it. i cant learn before i buy the car and i dont feel right buying a car without a test drive.

driving with a stick in the city could get annoying like glenn said.

and im not getting an SVT cuz ive had nothing but problems with mine and im not going through it all again its not even worth it.

I hate to say it but LOL at your post.

I learned to drive stick driving the SVT home from the jersey shore through philly in poor weather home. I think you should expand the cars you are looking at.

i dont have the money to throw out to buy a new clutch. i barely can afford financing a newer car.

hyundais also have 10yr warrentys.

So wait are you looking at new cars? I probably will never buy a new car, i'll let some other sucker take the depreciation hit off the lot.

FYI any car has consumables. Also, my car had the trans replaced at 26k miles under factory recall before I bought it, it has like 106k on it right now with the clutch they put in now. As long as you don't rag on it clutches will last. I have the OEM clutch on my mazda at 153k.

So wait are you looking at new cars? I probably will never buy a new car, i'll let some other sucker take the depreciation hit off the lot.

FYI any car has consumables. Also, my car had the trans replaced at 26k miles under factory recall before I bought it, it has like 106k on it right now with the clutch they put in now. As long as you don't rag on it clutches will last. I have the OEM clutch on my mazda at 153k.

Cant afford a new car but even if i would i wouldnt get a new tib i think they look horrible with square exhaust tips.

Im in the city i know im going to go through my clutch real fast. My friend bought his car it was 2 years old he has 70k miles on it and he already had to replace the clutch.
i would rather just skip that whole process and get an automanic.

its not like the hyundais are slow at all.
stock they come with 172HP.

im still not settled on my car but as far as stick goes unless i learn how to drive one and learn amazing im not getting a stick.
especially with risking the fact that i may need to replace the clutch.

So 172 crank HP through an automatic is going to be quick?

Why bring up a 10 year warrenty if you are buying used?

What are your list of requirements for a car? What are your lists of wants for a car?

For example when I was looking for DD's:
Requirements:
5speed / 6 speed
Regular gas
30+mpg (so probably a 4cyl)
wagon / hatch
cloth interior

Wants:
Yellow
Sunroof
CD player

I did base searching on vehix.com, autotrader.com, cars.com for cars in my area that had all the requirements I wanted then ordered them by price and which ones had my wants.

So 172 crank HP through an automatic is going to be quick?

Why bring up a 10 year warrenty if you are buying used?

What are your list of requirements for a car? What are your lists of wants for a car?

For example when I was looking for DD's:
Requirements:
5speed / 6 speed
Regular gas
30+mpg (so probably a 4cyl)
wagon / hatch
cloth interior

Wants:
Yellow
Sunroof
CD player

I did base searching on vehix.com, autotrader.com, cars.com for cars in my area that had all the requirements I wanted then ordered them by price and which ones had my wants.

If i buy an 06 tib im still going to have 6 years on the warrenty.
Im looking for a sporty looking car..not a camaro or mustang.
Leather interior
sunroof
cd player.
Nothing over 50k miles.
Something i can work with...nothing crazy fast or slow.
Has to have warrenty.

Colors are black grey or silver.
I dont wanna buy i car i have to do alot to just to make it look decent...like my tour..

Tib fits all my requirements.

I was also looking into vw jetta 1.8ts but none have low miles...or are in my price range.

Why not a Honda Civic? I mean if your looking for something good on gas, reliable, something you can work on, seems like a Honda will work better for you. My girl just got a 2010 Civic this week and loves it so far, seems like thats something that you should consider too.

Back