• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Calling all DFW peeps!

Looks like I am going to be doing alot of swapping. Just bought an emaculate 99 CSVT SF with a thrown piston( 800 skins), luckily I have a 98 in my garage bent in half thanks to my 16yr old, with a good motor, fresh built tranny, Luks pro clutch. Bad news is I just lost third gear last night in my 00! :cry:

Man, that sucks Joe! I'm not even sure when (or IF) I'll get any days off during this seven weeks, so I'm out for helping you wrench. But I do have a couple of hours most evenings that I can work something in. Someone throw out a date/time/place and we'll go from there.

how about cars & coffee? 1st sat next month. 7th of august. what does everyone think? that way, i'll get my car in decent show shape and take it there.

That'd be cool. I've always been a little curious about your car. It would be interesting to see it I think.

hopefully joe and i can have that motor swapped over by that time and bring them both out. what we have exactly 3 weeks...it can be done.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! :cry: I miss that car...sometimes. Don't take it to the place that you took your other one to. :nonono:

Will not be the same as the last place! I learned something this week not all tranny shops do their own work! Hmmm? I am having a shop remove it and it will go to someone that specializes in standard transmissions.

Oh by the way Joe, did you ever register that car? I got a renewal notice for it this year...

Yes, I don't believe it was until Feb or so. I appologize I am always a little slow in that area for some reason. I always seem to put the title in a safe place then forget to transfer it over. :nonono:

so it was decided that we don't need any muffins...has a place been established where were going to meet? or even a number of people that plan to attend?

how about cars & coffee? 1st sat next month. 7th of august. what does everyone think? that way, i'll get my car in decent show shape and take it there.

That'd be cool. I've always been a little curious about your car. It would be interesting to see it I think.

hopefully joe and i can have that motor swapped over by that time and bring them both out. what we have exactly 3 weeks...it can be done.

cool. well lets get on this then guys!

so it was decided that we don't need any muffins...has a place been established where were going to meet? or even a number of people that plan to attend?

looks like 3 so far...:shrug:

if im not mistaken my "kraut mobile" is getting you back and forth to work and will run circles around your 3rd gearless grocery getter...without a tune! you just wish you had a little forced induction...let alone a lot of it!

Back