• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

California Classifieds

SoCal: 1998 E1 SVT Contour - 63k original miles!

SoCal: 1998 E1 SVT Contour - 63k original miles!

DSC_0023.jpg

I am selling my 1998 Ford SVT Contour with 62,8xx original miles on it. I have taken great care of this car. It is stock except for the Magnaflow mufflers and resonator delete (sounds mean!) and the shifter was shortened by the previous owner. I also painted the rear reflector and chrome trim to match the car. It also has a Sony CD player wired to the factory amplifier.

I've done recent preventive maintenance, including:

Platinum Spark Plugs
Fuel Filter
Fram Air Hog Air Filter
Oil Pan Gasket
Upper/Lower Intake Manifold Gaskets
Cleaned UIM/LIM & TB passages
Throttle Position Sensor
Replaced transmission fluid
Brand new front rotors and brake pads (less than 1,000 miles)
Front engine cover removed to extend life of IMRC

The car has a few cosmetic issues. The dash is in good shape, but the front driver seat has some small splits (see pics below) and the driver side rear door panel has a broken speaker grill. The trunk struts are worn. Also the steering wheel was replaced with a pre-98 non-leather wheel. The color is off by a shade.

For the exterior, the front bumper has a 2 inch crease on the driver side corner and the passenger side skirt is in rough shape. The passenger front wheel is scuffed and 2 tires don't match. Overall it's in decent shape for a 12 year old car. There are minor scuffs, but none noticeable from 25 feet.

Sounds good, shifts good and drives good. I was originally looking for $3,500, but due to the minor paint defects and interior blemishes, I am asking $3,000. Please no low-balling. Serious inquiries only. I am willing to meet at The car is located in Santa Monica, CA 90403. Please feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

Front bumper crease:

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0001-1.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

I am selling my 1998 Ford SVT Contour with 62,8xx original miles on it. I have taken great care of this car. It is stock except for the Magnaflow mufflers and resonator delete (sounds mean!) and the shifter was shortened by the previous owner. I also painted the rear reflector and chrome trim to match the car. It also has a Sony CD player wired to the factory amplifier.

Dude were where you last week. I already bought a car and it is not a CSVT.

INJEN Cold Air Intake
Selling my Cold Air Intake. Its a one of a kind prototype fabricated/tested by Injen Technology. They tested with my car for two weeks in Huntington Beach. They never saw a demand for the product so they dropped the project. I also had the aluminum pipe ceramic coated by Jet Hot. See sig for photos. I gained 9-10hp on dyno, tuning with Apexi SAFC. Direct bolt on with built in MAF housing, and fits perfectly under stock battery location. Best offer gets it - minimum $120

Contact me at anthony@imageoneonline.net, I can send more photos if needed.

Contour SE seats

Contour SE seats

These are the rare seats with side bolsters/lumbar etc from my 96 SE. I had them professionally dyed black and was going to use them in another car, but the project never materialized. The driver seat is power, passenger seat standard. Lower trim pieces for the seats and knobs are still original tan color.

You can probably remove most of the dye, the seats are in pretty good condition - no splits or cracking - or you can just throw some covers on them. I will throw in the rear seats (still orig tan) too as a bonus. $100 OBO. Located in Santa Monica 90404.

11j2qfm.jpg

WTB: Contour SVT rear bumper and mesh in good shape

WTB: Contour SVT rear bumper and mesh in good shape

Hi, I'm looking for a SVT rear bumper cover and mesh in good shape.

Thanks.

WTB: SVT Front Bumper

Silver is ideal, but any color is fine so long as the bumper is structurally good (so no cracks/gouges/warping etc). I'm in south OC, but would drive to LA or SD to get it.

WTB - Rear Mesh in good shape at good price

WTB - Rear Mesh in good shape at good price

Looking for rear mesh locally in No. California or shipped at around $50. Thanks.

With the purchase of a new 2010 Fusion Sport, my Contour SVT needs a new home.

For its age and mileage, its in pretty good shape. Bought new in August 97 and now has about 265,000 miles on it. Aggressively maintained. The interior is still in good shape, including the floor mats (they have nearly always been covered with other mats). It runs great. The engine is unmodified and recently passed it's smog test with flying colors. It has the Warmonger Big Brake Kit (wonderful modification).

The paint is getting a bit shabby. It leaks oil. The power steering pump may be leaking (no loss noted in level, but area on timing cover below pump is wet). There is an engine noise that I have not identified. It is most noticeable at idle or slightly above, especially under a light load. It may be an exhaust tick (although I can't locate it). It may also be some slight valve train noise or ?). It is not noticeable at all inside the car with the windows up. This would be a great car for a 3.0 upgrade and a paint job.

I need to move on, so any reasonable offer would be considered.

WTB-MTX-75 Transmission good shape

Locally if possible Sacramento area will come pick up and have cash!

we have the trans out of the csvt we parted out. it had around 70k on it but seemed to work fine before we dismantled the car. $200. i can have it shipped for CHEAP.

With the purchase of a new 2010 Fusion Sport, my Contour SVT needs a new home.

For its age and mileage, its in pretty good shape. Bought new in August 97 and now has about 265,000 miles on it. Aggressively maintained. The interior is still in good shape, including the floor mats (they have nearly always been covered with other mats). It runs great. The engine is unmodified and recently passed it's smog test with flying colors. It has the Warmonger Big Brake Kit (wonderful modification).

The paint is getting a bit shabby. It leaks oil. The power steering pump may be leaking (no loss noted in level, but area on timing cover below pump is wet). There is an engine noise that I have not identified. It is most noticeable at idle or slightly above, especially under a light load. It may be an exhaust tick (although I can't locate it). It may also be some slight valve train noise or ?). It is not noticeable at all inside the car with the windows up. This would be a great car for a 3.0 upgrade and a paint job.

I need to move on, so any reasonable offer would be considered.

I have no delusions about the value of the car at this point. Beater prices are acceptable. I don't have time to mess extensive advertising or dismantling. If there are no bites here, I may end up donating it, and I would rather it went to someone that appreciates an SVT.

WTB FSVT 17" 5's rims
San jose area
I can pick up if close
will pay for shipping depend how far
200-300
might pay more with great great condition
will pay more if have tires on
Please pm me, Thank you

Back