• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

BRAND NEW! SCT Livewire

warmonger

Hard-core CEG'er
Right now this write-up is provided by Justin from http://www.vmptuning.com and since I'm linking to his pictures I owe it to him to throw out his website for you. However, Nautilus will offer this device if someone is interested in it as well so please look that way too.
It has a tremendous amount of features to include GTECH type acceleration meter, all the OBD2 data, datlogging, and the ability to run all kinds of external sensors. You can hook this right into your LC-1 wideband (or similar) A GM 3bar Map sensor or similar, EGT thermocouple probe and box, etc. You can literally make this one screen your complete gauge system. The Livewire will supply the power to your 0-5v sensors that you want to put on and datalog from. You can display any number of its features and it includes a night time backlit display. Works like an XCAL2 only on steroids. Meant to stay in the car as your performance gauge kit as well.

Since I'm providing the website of one of the first reviews, this is meant as a product review, not as an advertisement.

http://www.sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8211

dashmain.jpg

But remember we will offer this product if you are interested. :cool:

dashpower.jpg

lwfrontpage.jpg

Hmm, I've got an Xcal2 w/ PRP that I bought from Brenspeed and haven't used it yet. Kind of wish I had waited.

I spoke to an SCT dealer a couple months ago and I think he said it's MSRP is around $500-600.

Why don't you post the normal price you would have paid so people get an idea of the cost...probably could slip in an asking price even though this isn't a classifieds add :ponder:

the retail price is $600, depending where you find it. i paid $550 so id be happy just to recoup that. (plus shipping of course).

@warmonger

Is this a obd2 device and can it be used just for logging?

I run autronic on my car and i dont need the tune part , but the logging and live feed would be very handy.

Salvin,

If you just want to data log, you don't need this feature rich unit. Any XCal2 unit can do, even locked ones.

Come to think about it, I bought one brand new looking XCal2 unit from ebay for $220+. However when I received, I found it was still VIN locked with the previous car. To unlock it, SCT charges $150 and need a SCT dealer (like Warmonger) to get a RMA #. Since Tom is a new SCT dealer, he would like to help me get it unlocked at a later day. But it can data log perfect without any problem. So if you are interested, you can have it for $150. You will have the option to have SCT unlock it (and it will be brand new again with 5 full car changes) later if you want to tune.

How are you using an Autronic ECU and running OBD2? I wasn't aware that they retained OBD2 and they should have their own datalogging.

Maybe thats why i asked if it was an obd2 unit ;) , i dont own a laptop so i thought this could be used as logger/display, if i wanted a odb2 logger i could just hook up a palm and run one of fifty diffrent free odb2 softwares.

Back