• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Bov not making full "noise"

ryanblacksvt

I'm the Dork who ran 14.9 on PassTime. :)
Ok I just took the silver car out for a spirited drive after the fmic swap, and YES WOW it has ALOT more power that I can feel. But the bov is sounding more like a sequential bov and not a rfl, its not giving me that loud pshhhh noise, anyone have any insight to what is happening?

Ok I just took the silver car out for a spirited drive after the fmic swap, and YES WOW it has ALOT more power that I can feel. But the bov is sounding more like a sequential bov and not a rfl, its not giving me that loud pshhhh noise, anyone have any insight to what is happening?

what does a sequential BOV sound like? am not familiar with that.

Ok still trying to figure out why its not making the correct noise.

thats not a fluttering sound ryan. a fluttering sound is a barrage of same repeated sounds. if thats indeed what u're hearing, then its probably the fluttering sound of the turbine wheels as they let off while shifting. my T3/T4 flutter is pretty loud. didn't mean to give you an english lesson ryan:). just wanted to make sure we know what the problem is.

No its not the turbine wheel, It made the fluttering noise before when I would let off in mid boost or when I lightly let off the gas, its now only making the fluttering even in full boost when letting off the gas.

No its not the turbine wheel, It made the fluttering noise before when I would let off in mid boost or when I lightly let off the gas, its now only making the fluttering even in full boost when letting off the gas.

so help me out here. is it a high whistle sound like u and striker posted? or is it a ratatata sound? it might be easier if you posted a vid or sumthn.

I cant do a vid right now cause I am waiting on a call from my father in law to go pick my kids up. Its a fluttering noise, I am sure Joey knows what I am saying.

I am not sure but I am guessing the air is reverting back through the bigger FMIC since it is less restrictive now where the smaller FMIC would hold higher pressure on the TB side. Now are you getting the same boost at the UIM and are you measuring the boost at the UIM not the turbo piping I hope.

I wouldnt have a clue where its being measured at Joey. I know at low its still hitting 8psi and high 14psi via the boost guage. Considering I am making the same boost this would be normal?

Your probably making less boost now, as theres less restriction. The spring in there maybe rated for higher causing it to flutter. You can throw another washer in to see what happends. Blip your throttle to see if the valve moves, if it does than it needs that shim. Its possible it could be leaking around the o-ring or the base. RFLS are crap BOV's any way. Ditch the leak pos and get something better.

Back