• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Blu's 1995 Contour SE 3L build thread

Hey Blu, congratulations on a successful build!
And many thanks for putting the whole process up on the board. Reading this is giving me the courage to do my own!

Now it's time for you to update your signature block!
ie: "95 MIDNIGHT RED/TAN SE-C *UNDER THE KNIFE* "

I have tried to update it, but now you can't have any more than 4 lines in your sig :cry:

I will talk to a mod to change that :D

Thanks and good luck with your 3.0!

Glad to see my injectors rail and LIM worked for you, the injectors were just cleaned by my mechanic before my engine blew btw

I recieved all the stuff on friday! Thanks for everything, I will put the SVT injectors/lim/fuel rail in after I get to my 500 mile break-in. Hopefully the injector clips are correct. I will let everyone know.

never had a leak in three years. pretty standard set up. There's about 2" of hose over the end of my chassis fuel line. on the terminal end the fit is precise.

with the next 3L i may get fancy and spend some more at the hot rod shop to get some braided line and metal connectors.

I started to developed a leak. It looks like oil coming from the AC compressor area. I am not sure though if it is a leak or if it oil dripping out of the radiator fins from the oil blowing out of the filter when the original motor was pulled.
It could be from the fittings at the block for the oil pressure sending unit connection or the oil pressure sensor. I'll get under there and take a look and let you guys know. Dripping or not, I am still happy ;)

I also will be having custom fuel lines made for using the SVT fuel rail and injectors. That will probably be this winter so everything is ready to go for SZ '09.

I started to developed a leak. It looks like oil coming from the AC compressor area. I am not sure though if it is a leak or if it oil dripping out of the radiator fins from the oil blowing out of the filter when the original motor was pulled.
It could be from the fittings at the block for the oil pressure sending unit connection or the oil pressure sensor. I'll get under there and take a look and let you guys know. Dripping or not, I am still happy ;)

I also will be having custom fuel lines made for using the SVT fuel rail and injectors. That will probably be this winter so everything is ready to go for SZ '09.

Mine developed a leak in the same area shortly after my install. now it is a ridiculous leak, the whole side of the subframe is soaked from being blown back. I have checked the fittings for my oil pressure gauge, and they seem dry. I think it is from the dipstick tube where it enters the block

You know, I did think it was from the dip stick tube also. I don't see any oil on the ac compressor but like you said, it is on the subframe and is pretty much on the entire passenger side of the subframe and even still wet on the y-pipe. I will check there first, maybe it just needs a new 0-ring, hopefully ;)

On my first 3L build my oil pressure gauge leaked at that location too. I sealed it up good, so i thought. We will see how this one holds up. Good place to check first tho.

Side note....thanks for the input Sat night Joe. Sean was kind enough to make some calls on my behalf and now the beast is alive!!!!

Thanks ShoGo - No problem with the help. I can't do much over the phone, but more ideas are better.

I know I don't have a huge issue with the oil coming out, I just want it to stop so it doesn't make anything dirty :). Oil pressure gauge sux though. Mine only goes to 100psi and I didn't know anything when I got these gauges, but luckily they were electrical not mechanical. My gauge has read down to 25 PSI at idle and usually runs at 80PSI on the highway and I am tapped into the block behind the ac compressor. I thought they were supposed to read lower than 80PSI when driving normally :shrug:. Oh well

Thanks ShoGo - No problem with the help. I can't do much over the phone, but more ideas are better.

I know I don't have a huge issue with the oil coming out, I just want it to stop so it doesn't make anything dirty :). Oil pressure gauge sux though. Mine only goes to 100psi and I didn't know anything when I got these gauges, but luckily they were electrical not mechanical. My gauge has read down to 25 PSI at idle and usually runs at 80PSI on the highway and I am tapped into the block behind the ac compressor. I thought they were supposed to read lower than 80PSI when driving normally :shrug:. Oh well

mine reads ~20 psi at idle and 65 on the highway. what grade oil are you using?

have you changed the oil yet to get the assembly lube out? my guess is that it could make the oil pressure higher as its thicker then the oil you are running.

Could it be my gauge? It is a FAZE indiglo PSI range of 0-100. I was going to drain the oil now while fixing this possible leak. I have about 350 miles on it, that should be enough. I honestly don't want to run a synthetic oil because the viscosity is lower. I always had good luck with regular grade oil anyway.

Could it be my gauge?
It COULD be... but gauges can usually take a lot of abuse before they start reading wrong enough to matter.

Remember that the higher your RPM's, the higher your oil pressure is going to be for a given temp & oil type.

i use 5w-30 as well, cold driving i get up over 90 psi, but at operating temp it goes from 18psi hot idle to 65 psi hot cruising

Back