• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

Batinc y-pipe OR MSDS ypipe/Trubendz test pipe?

1BadJag

CEG'er
I can either get the Batinc ypipe/cat setup for 380+shipping, or Msds ypipe $218+shipping/Tru bends test pipe with cat for $145+shipping.

What would have better gains? all input will be considered greatly. Also which would be easiest to have a wideband bung installed?

I optimized my y-pipe and put and 02 wideband in it. But of course, my amateur welding i have a leak.

i have the msds y pipe and tru bendz test pipe, (also no resonator) its raspy but once warm its not that bad...everyone has there own opinion here, I thought i felt a difference and seemed to feel a little more pull all around.

trubendz y-pipe is best bang for your buck.

There isnt a whole lot of difference betwen the bat pipe and the trubendz pipe, and unlike the trubendz catback, the y-pipe is well made and fits perfectly.

trubendz y-pipe is best bang for your buck.

There isnt a whole lot of difference betwen the bat pipe and the trubendz pipe, and unlike the trubendz catback, the y-pipe is well made and fits perfectly.

i have a trubendz test pipe on my car now and i love it....i just spoke to Joey from nautilus performance today and he said that my y-pipe is on its way to me. (its been 2 weeks since ordered) i ordered a jet coated y-pipe from him. i dunno, but i have seen many people optimize their y-pipe. this is an ongoing discussion, everyone has their opinions. most say the optimized y-pipe is the best.

i have a trubendz test pipe on my car now and i love it....i just spoke to Joey from nautilus performance today and he said that my y-pipe is on its way to me. (its been 2 weeks since ordered) i ordered a jet coated y-pipe from him. i dunno, but i have seen many people optimize their y-pipe. this is an ongoing discussion, everyone has their opinions. most say the optimized y-pipe is the best.

optimized y-pipe is the best, but, for aftermarket y-pipes, the trubendz is the best bang for the buck.

There isnt a whole lot of difference betwen the bat pipe and the trubendz pipe.

Actually there is.

Bat y-pipe = High flow Y pipe that flows through two 2" inlet
catalatic converter combo. 379.00 (before it was $319)
This y-pipe is made out of SS

Trubendz = 2 pipes that flow through 2.25 inch pipes that flow into a y-pipe then flex pipe then cat.
$310.00 + shipping
This is down pipe is made out of Alum.

They both have their advantages!

Harrry, Im sure you know but for newbs and those that know nothing about exhaust I want to post this.

no exhaust pipe is made out of aluminum (like Harrry abbreviates it as) but rather aluminized steel.

Actually there is.

Bat y-pipe = High flow Y pipe that flows through two 2" inlet
catalatic converter combo. 379.00 (before it was $319)
This y-pipe is made out of SS

Trubendz = 2 pipes that flow through 2.25 inch pipes that flow into a y-pipe then flex pipe then cat.
$310.00 + shipping
This is down pipe is made out of Alum.

They both have their advantages!
What are the specs on the MSDS?

What are the specs on the MSDS?

2 inch steel tubes. But the problem that has never been corrected with the msds. Is that the rear bend (bank 1) has a v-bend...causing it to reduce cfm flow. If this was..and could be corrected then the msds would be a great item to our arsenal of exhaust options. :cool:

My trubendz ypipe came in and it took 6 hours to install. Not because im and idiot and cant turn a few nuts and bolts. But because NOTHING lined up. I had to heat up the bend going to the rear header. Then slowly bent it so it would line up correctly to the header flange. The assemply was about 15 degrees out of alignment(twisted) to the cat back. I had to cut the brand new pipe in half, bolt in place, tac it together, then weld it completely. I dont know how they can mess up on 2 vital pieces. I was going to buy their cat back, but i would much rather have one made for the price.

I was thinking of getting a TruBendz Y-Pipe, MSDS Headers, and a borla exhaust from TruBendz. Anybody know if they do a package deal or have a great contact for TruBendz?

Anybody have a similar set up?

Just noticed today that it actually pushed the cat back about 1.5". Noticed it when i had a nasty exhaust rattle. at the bend to go around the gas tank, the pipe was pushed back far enough to rub the heat shield. Im so unsatisfied with trubendz. Never buying a product from there again.

The PO of my car had the Trubendz kit professionally installed and it fits great. Not sure what all they had to do but it sounds amazing with the catted BAT Y pipe. No rasp, doesn't sound like a bumble bee ricer. I have the one with the resonators and I HIGHLY recommend them. Exhaust rasp is one of the worst/riciest possible things there is in the automotive world IMO.

My trubendz ypipe came in and it took 6 hours to install. Not because im and idiot and cant turn a few nuts and bolts. But because NOTHING lined up. I had to heat up the bend going to the rear header. Then slowly bent it so it would line up correctly to the header flange. The assemply was about 15 degrees out of alignment(twisted) to the cat back. I had to cut the brand new pipe in half, bolt in place, tac it together, then weld it completely. I dont know how they can mess up on 2 vital pieces. I was going to buy their cat back, but i would much rather have one made for the price.

You have to torque it evenly onto both flanges to get it to line up. If you run one side all the way down, you will never get the other side anywhere near where you want it to be.

Although, perhaps their quality has dropped on their Y-pipes now as well, you are the first I have heard about having trouble though. Though I do remember the hanger by the cat not lining up correctly like the oem did.... IIRC, the hanger was back about an inch from where it should have been. Not really a big deal.

FIND there have been others who had issues with the flared flanges matting to the manifolds/headers. Thats the worst of any issues about the y-pipe i have ever read.

I don't and can't tell if this was installer error as you mentioned. Picture would be good to point out the flaws that were present prior to install.:shrug:

Back