• Welcome to the Contour Enthusiasts Group, the best resource for the Ford Contour and Mercury Mystique.

You can register to join the community.

keep stock or upgrade?

Harry, I gotta go take a piss. Should I shake or tug on it after I'm done? :D

To the OP, depends on how much money you have. As many have voiced out here, it's a good idea to spend the money on maintenance and then if you choose to, modify little by little. It really is your call.

should i keep my 98 CSVT stock or modify it? 1 more ?...how can i tell what the production # is?

In the "Read First Before Posting" thread.
http://www.contour.org/ceg-vb/showthread.php?t=39

As to whether you should mod your car, I'd have to see the car. If its high mileage and pretty beat up, I would just leave it stock. If its MINT...which the chances of it being showroom quality are pretty slim, given the age of the car, I would leave it stock. If its in excellent condition and you want to mod it, I say go for it.

He is probably new to the whole contour thing. I am new myself and know that I am going to keep my csvt totally sttock. I feel like it is gonna break when I get on it and I dont want to open a can of worms by modding it. I would keep is STOCK. dude.

i'd keep it pretty much stock,performance wise i'd chance the catback,optimize the tb,NPG intake...that's it. suspension,bat kit,rear strut bar,appearance i'd upgrade the rims,paint the chrome pieces body color,tint,hightowered lights. and thats it.:shrug:
like everyone said,make sure the maint. is done first,and make sure you follow ceg's suggestions of running 6-6.5 quarts of oil. take it easy on long sweeping right hand turns,no burnouts or high rpms clutch drops.

i'd keep it pretty much stock,performance wise i'd chance the catback,optimize the tb,NPG intake...that's it. suspension,bat kit,rear strut bar,appearance i'd upgrade the rims,paint the chrome pieces body color,tint,hightowered lights. and thats it.:shrug.

IS that all chris :laugh: Thats over 3k lol.....talk about modding a car :laugh:

He is probably new to the whole contour thing. I am new myself and know that I am going to keep my csvt totally sttock. I feel like it is gonna break when I get on it and I dont want to open a can of worms by modding it. I would keep is STOCK. dude.

Upgrade to a DMD and that will take care of that.

dual mass crank damper. its a ford part that you can pick up relatively cheap from BAT Inc. in Sarasota, Florida

dual mass crank damper. its a ford part that you can pick up relatively cheap from BAT Inc. in Sarasota, Florida

How does that really help? Curious are the factory dampers really that crappy? I love my contour but I like it for looks and the way it handles. Not for the power and I can see that a 3L swap would be the way to go. Still, I just dont beat on my car

yep harry...thats it:laugh: it could get worse..much much worse,you know that:cool:

Yea....and in the end your hitting yourself in the face going...damn if i would of saved that could of bought this for my car instead. What a vicious cycle. :crazy:

How does that really help? Curious are the factory dampers really that crappy? I love my contour but I like it for looks and the way it handles. Not for the power and I can see that a 3L swap would be the way to go. Still, I just dont beat on my car

The difference between stock and a DMD is night and day. I understand what your saying about the engine just feels like its going to fall apart in the upper RPMs. Once you install a DMD, the engine is sooo smooth. :drool:

Back